Creative, detail-oriented network professional, Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Wireless Networking graduate and Bachelor's degree holder in Electronics & Communications Engineering with a passion for technologies, dedicated to improving technology efficiencies and customer satisfaction in the organization.
Specializing in LAN/WAN, TCP/IP. Strongest skills include troubleshooting and documentation. Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills. Interested in network security, and strengthening and broadening my knowledge and technical skills.
* Over 7 years of combined technical work experience in telecommunications / network operations, data centre operations, wireless technical support, graphic design, and broadcasting
* On Dean’s Honours List for academic excellence – GPA: 3.84/4.0
* An in-depth understanding of analog, digital, and wireless communications
* Customer and results oriented, able to perform tasks independently and/or with a team, fast-learner, flexible and adaptable to different work environments. Resourceful, analytical, with strong troubleshooting skills. Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Provides support and input in the design, development of engineering plans and selection criteria for a variety of network capacity and planning projects and activities while optimizing network capital and operating costs for DTV broadcast distribution ensuring it is within budget.
Provides engineering support for the Rogers Network and the implementation of new engineering plans to Network Implementation and Network Operations.
Assists in capacity management of the Digital TV broadcast and IPTV distribution by producing detailed reports in characterizing and analyzing capacity utilization, forecasting capacity requirements, determining when capacity will exhaust and determining when network capacity will be increased.
Tested/evaluated DTV/IPTV equipment hardware and software in the lab ensuring it adheres to prescribed testing, analysis or troubleshooting procedures.
Authored engineering design specification (EDS) plans for video network solution of 26 enterprise/commercial customers (hospitals, hotels) and interconnects (MSOs) across Ontario.
Prepared and released over 105 EDS plans for channel launches, signal source changes/acquisitions, and capacity augmentations from 2013 to 2017.
Prime in managing the interconnect reference database, and CAPS/RBS Projects tracker database resulting in an improved, organized tracking of team projects.
Proactively identifies, responds to and performs corrective actions to network problems as necessary for Primus' voice, data, and internet networks, including monitoring and acting on alerts/tickets according to urgency in order to maintain and improve system/network manageability and reliability.
Reports and follows-up on any network troubles to appropriate internal teams, telcos or other vendors, and escalates accordingly to ensure problem resolution is within service level agreements (SLA).
Promptly documents/tracks all problems reported by way of trouble ticket system and maintains accurate records.
Primary for coordinating network maintenance schedules, and providing maintenance information to appropriate internal departments in a timely manner.
Coaches and mentors junior team members and front-line support teams to help with their development and assist in troubleshooting.
Audited upstream carrier-related network trouble tickets that missed SLAs, which facilitated $4K in company savings/reimbursements in Q4 of 2011.
Completed network platform migration activity for 3 POP sites increasing network capacity and manageability; also assisted engineering group with migration for 3 other POP sites.
Completed port migrations for 90% of network elements’ console connections from old Cisco distribution switches to Cisco Nexus platform, in assistance to engineering group with the migration of the critical devices to the new platform.
Spearheaded the job shadowing program with network platform (data/voice) engineering teams for NOC staff.
Improved, edited, and added operational and troubleshooting processes and procedures to the NOC wiki.
Installed, configured and maintained Cisco switches, including assigning of IP space and DNS setup for colocation clients.
Monitored the health/status of Primus and colocation client systems through IP monitoring system (Monitor10) and performed corrective actions as necessary.
Coordinated device installations and server colocation setups in server room and provided ongoing support for client systems in 3 local data centres, liaising with network/system administrators and corporate technical support team.
Maintained server room infrastructure and adequate inventory levels.
Reviewed work orders and tickets ensuring requests are handled accordingly in an efficient manner.
Maintained data centre security; escorted colocation clients visiting the data centre to work on their equipment.
Handled inquiries and provided support for repair, replacement, technical problem resolution and connectivity of wireless phones including Apple iPhone, BlackBerry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Samsung, LG, HTC, Palm, HP.
Diagnosed & resolved wireless technical service problems (voice, SMS, data) with customers efficiently, ensuring all interactions were thoroughly documented within the ticketing system.
Performed troubleshooting and recommended corrective actions for issues such as account provisioning, device functionality, device configuration, application support, subscription downloads, network connectivity (2G, 3G), and escalating internal and vendor issues as required.
Theoretical courses include:
* RF/Wireless Communications
* Voice Network Technologies
* Fundamentals of Data Centre Construction
* Network Operations
Hands-on training in lab includes:
* Interconnecting and troubleshooting equipment/devices in Local Area Network
* Configuring Cisco routers, firewalls, and switches in Local Area Network
Script programming using c-shell and bash
* Setup of HTTP and FTP servers in UNIX/Linux environment, Windows Server 2003
* Monitoring network using tools such as Ethereal and HiFn
* Setup of Cisco Call Manager and IP PBX such as 3CX and Asterisk
* Completed group thesis on Microwave Communication System Design with Active Repeater – Oct. 2006
* Submitted group research and dummy system on WAP/GPRS Car Park System – Mar. 2007
* Completed group project on Controlling Devices through Parallel Port and Software (C++) – Mar. 2006
* Completed group project on Light-following Robot (with Assembly language usage) – Sep. 2006
* Designed, etched, soldered, and tested circuit boards for various projects
* Operated testing equipment including oscilloscope, RF generator, and spectrum analyzer