Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
Creative, detail-oriented network professional, Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Wireless Networking graduate and Bachelor's degree holder in Electronics & Communications Engineering with a passion for technologies, dedicated to improving technology efficiencies and customer satisfaction in the organization.
Specializing in LAN/WAN, TCP/IP. Strongest skills include troubleshooting and documentation. Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills. Interested in network security, and strengthening and broadening my knowledge and technical skills.
* Over 7 years of combined technical work experience in telecommunications / network operations, data centre operations, wireless technical support, graphic design, and broadcasting
* On Dean’s Honours List for academic excellence – GPA: 3.84/4.0
* An in-depth understanding of analog, digital, and wireless communications
* Customer and results oriented, able to perform tasks independently and/or with a team, fast-learner, flexible and adaptable to different work environments. Resourceful, analytical, with strong troubleshooting skills. Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Rosethorn Tennis Club
Since September 2017
- Coordinates with vendors for required software, licenses, and support
- Provides IT support to executive staff and club members
- Deployed the new website and registration system utilizing the Wild Apricot Membership Software resulting in decreased user issues during registration period
- Implemented automation of membership payments via PayPal, and easier tracking of Email Money Transfer payments
- Replaced the old POP email system with Outlook 365 which resulted in restoration of incoming/outgoing email communications
Since May 2013
- Provides support and input in the design, development of engineering plans and selection criteria for a variety of network capacity and planning projects and activities while optimizing network capital and operating costs for DTV broadcast distribution ensuring it is within budget.
- Provides engineering support for the Rogers Network and the implementation of new engineering plans to Network Implementation and Network Operations.
- Assists in capacity management of the Digital TV broadcast and IPTV distribution by producing detailed reports in characterizing and analyzing capacity utilization, forecasting capacity requirements, determining when capacity will exhaust and determining when network capacity will be increased.
- Tested/evaluated DTV/IPTV equipment hardware and software in the lab ensuring it adheres to prescribed testing, analysis or troubleshooting procedures.
- Authored engineering design specification (EDS) plans for video network solution of 26 enterprise/commercial customers (hospitals, hotels) and interconnects (MSOs) across Ontario.
- Prepared and released over 105 EDS plans for channel launches, signal source changes/acquisitions, and capacity augmentations from 2013 to 2017.
- Prime in managing the interconnect reference database, and CAPS/RBS Projects tracker database resulting in an improved, organized tracking of team projects.
Primus Telecommunications Canada
to May 2013
- Proactively identifies, responds to and performs corrective actions to network problems as necessary for Primus' voice, data, and internet networks, including monitoring and acting on alerts/tickets according to urgency in order to maintain and improve system/network manageability and reliability.
- Reports and follows-up on any network troubles to appropriate internal teams, telcos or other vendors, and escalates accordingly to ensure problem resolution is within service level agreements (SLA).
- Promptly documents/tracks all problems reported by way of trouble ticket system and maintains accurate records.
- Primary for coordinating network maintenance schedules, and providing maintenance information to appropriate internal departments in a timely manner.
- Coaches and mentors junior team members and front-line support teams to help with their development and assist in troubleshooting.
- Audited upstream carrier-related network trouble tickets that missed SLAs, which facilitated $4K in company savings/reimbursements in Q4 of 2011.
- Completed network platform migration activity for 3 POP sites increasing network capacity and manageability; also assisted engineering group with migration for 3 other POP sites.
- Completed port migrations for 90% of network elements’ console connections from old Cisco distribution switches to Cisco Nexus platform, in assistance to engineering group with the migration of the critical devices to the new platform.
- Spearheaded the job shadowing program with network platform (data/voice) engineering teams for NOC staff.
- Improved, edited, and added operational and troubleshooting processes and procedures to the NOC wiki.
Toronto Internet Exchange (TorIX)
to December 2013
- Performed day to day operational tasks including maintenance of network devices.
- Set up new peers in the IX switch and in the customer portal.
- Performed software upgrades on the network components.
- Created and maintained the network diagram of the IXP.
Primus Telecommunications Canada
to June 2011
- Monitored the data centre team's work order and ticket queues, and assigned/distributed tasks to team members for efficient completion of work orders/tickets ensuring SLAs were met.
- Reviewed incident reports, daily visitor log reports; and provided follow-ups as required on a case-by-case basis.
- Performed spot checks on facility/security forms completed by team members to ensure proper process is followed.
- Performed daily tasks and responsibilities of a data centre technician.
Primus Telecommunications Canada
to June 2011
- Installed, configured and maintained Cisco switches, including assigning of IP space and DNS setup for colocation clients.
- Monitored the health/status of Primus and colocation client systems through IP monitoring system (Monitor10) and performed corrective actions as necessary.
- Coordinated device installations and server colocation setups in server room and provided ongoing support for client systems in 3 local data centres, liaising with network/system administrators and corporate technical support team.
- Maintained server room infrastructure and adequate inventory levels.
- Reviewed work orders and tickets ensuring requests are handled accordingly in an efficient manner.
- Maintained data centre security; escorted colocation clients visiting the data centre to work on their equipment.
to August 2010
- Handled inquiries and provided support for repair, replacement, technical problem resolution and connectivity of wireless phones including Apple iPhone, BlackBerry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Samsung, LG, HTC, Palm, HP.
- Diagnosed & resolved wireless technical service problems (voice, SMS, data) with customers efficiently, ensuring all interactions were thoroughly documented within the ticketing system.
- Performed troubleshooting and recommended corrective actions for issues such as account provisioning, device functionality, device configuration, application support, subscription downloads, network connectivity (2G, 3G), and escalating internal and vendor issues as required.
to July 2009
- Professional Management Program (PMP) intern/volunteer under Bell Mobility's Market Analysis & Intelligence (MAI) Unit.
- Researched computer/network products, liaised with vendors for hardware procurement.
- Assembled PC for use within the program unit.
- Provided technical assistance to associates efficiently; network/computer troubleshooting.
- Deployed the extended wireless network for Bell PMP in the entire floor and other areas in the building.
- Participated in implementation, verification and acceptance testing of new hardware and software.
- Digitized map data using MapInfo for Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analysis.
Windows 9x/XP/Vista/7, Windows Server 2000/2003, UNIX/Linux (RedHat Fedora), Mac OS X
TCP/IP, UDP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HTTP, FTP, LAN, WAN, WLAN, VLAN, VoIP, VPN, NAT/PAT, SNMP, DHCP, SSH, Telnet, IIS, DNS, Apache, X.25, Frame Relay, WiMAX
Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Wireless Access Points
Cisco, Cisco Cerent ONS, Ericsson Redback SmartEdge, Zhone MALC, Zhone MXK, Genband C3 Gateway Controller, BTI 7000
Cisco Digital Content Manager, Video Core Content Processing (VMG Transcoder, RGB TransAct Packagers), HP c7000 BladeSystem
C++, Shell scripting, HTML (basic levels)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Project, Visio), VMWare, CA Spectrum, CA Unicenter, eHealth OneClick, Zhone Management System (ZMS), Ethereal Wireshark, HiFn, MapInfo, AutoCAD, FlexiSign-Expert, Adobe Illustrator
Evertz Microsystems LTD
HP Education Services
VMware Education, (CTC-Microtek)
HP Education Services
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Since October 2012
George Brown College
to December 2008
Theoretical courses include:
* RF/Wireless Communications
* Voice Network Technologies
* Fundamentals of Data Centre Construction
* Network Operations
Hands-on training in lab includes:
* Interconnecting and troubleshooting equipment/devices in Local Area Network
* Configuring Cisco routers, firewalls, and switches in Local Area Network
Script programming using c-shell and bash
* Setup of HTTP and FTP servers in UNIX/Linux environment, Windows Server 2003
* Monitoring network using tools such as Ethereal and HiFn
* Setup of Cisco Call Manager and IP PBX such as 3CX and Asterisk
University of Saint La Salle
to March 2007
* Completed group thesis on Microwave Communication System Design with Active Repeater – Oct. 2006
* Submitted group research and dummy system on WAP/GPRS Car Park System – Mar. 2007
* Completed group project on Controlling Devices through Parallel Port and Software (C++) – Mar. 2006
* Completed group project on Light-following Robot (with Assembly language usage) – Sep. 2006
* Designed, etched, soldered, and tested circuit boards for various projects
* Operated testing equipment including oscilloscope, RF generator, and spectrum analyzer