Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
My mindset is R&D through a mixed background of arts, biology and engineering where I often reach beyond my curriculum for solving interdisciplinary challenges. Through 8+ years of professional experience my broad know-how has repeatedly been a valuable asset, both as a specialist and for communicating between departments, sparring with experts and developing holistic solutions across many fields.
I have successfully applied my proficiencies for: designing motion and gestures for creating empathetic and appealing robots, developing and building interactive robot prototypes, developing behaviour for hero characters on Hollywood movies at Oscar-winning animation companies, software R&D and implementation of streamlined digital workflow at various production companies, understanding and translating customer needs into concrete products and consulting for product development of an inertia-based motion capture suit.
I have participated in several award winning projects including a novel soft-robotic exoskeleton based on my own idea, a Carlsberg commercial winning Commercial of the Year in Denmark, as well as being featured both as a software developer of an Open Source toolbox that I created for Autodesk Maya and as artist on a high-ranking website for animation artist portfolios.
I am passionate about robotic behaviour, interaction and appeal, a sustainable future and healthcare systems through the lens of behavioural sciences, arts and engineering.
My skills further extend to a deep specialization in 2 key areas:
- Bio-Inspired robotics (6 yrs): Combining biomechanics and neuroscience with mechanics, electronics an control engineering
- Character animation (8 yrs): Leading an audience through a story, understanding human empathy and attention and creating appealing behaviour
- Master's Thesis: Bio-Inspired Robotic Controller with virtual muscles and Cerebellum control. Part of the Neurorobotics subgroup of The Human Brain Project - Ongoing (Finishes September 2018)
- Bachelor Thesis: Musculoskeletal Predictive Control of Human Locomotion - Simulation-based project using cost-of-transport minimisation
- University Project: Soft-Robotic Prosthesis for Shoulder Flexion - Designed for re-enabling my grandmother after a fall caused her to lose shoulder flexion mobility
- University Project: Animatronic Design for Additive Manufacturing - Exploration of functional embedded mechanics for animatronics design using 3D printing.
- Personal Project: [OMToolbox] Founder of the Open Maya Toolbox, an open source initiative for extending the digital sculpting capabilities of Autodesk Maya. Featured on the official Maya website.
- Personal Project: [PAIE] Python Animation Import/Export. Open source tool for handling animation libraries in Autodesk Maya. Now used worldwide in various animation and games studios
- Personal Project: Dynamixel-Maya Connection. Python-based service for controlling Robotis Dynamixel servos from Autodesk Maya, allowing to run live animation playback on a robot.