Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
My mindset is R&D through a mixed background of arts, biology and engineering where I often reach beyond my curriculum for solving interdisciplinary challenges. Through 8+ years of professional experience my broad know-how has repeatedly been a valuable asset, both as a specialist and for communicating between departments, sparring with experts and developing holistic solutions across many fields.
I have successfully applied my proficiencies for: designing motion and gestures for creating empathetic and appealing robots, developing and building interactive robot prototypes, developing behaviour for hero characters on Hollywood movies at Oscar-winning animation companies, software R&D and implementation of streamlined digital workflow at various production companies, understanding and translating customer needs into concrete products and consulting for product development of an inertia-based motion capture suit.
I have participated in several award winning projects including a novel soft-robotic exoskeleton based on my own idea, a Carlsberg commercial winning Commercial of the Year in Denmark, as well as being featured both as a software developer of an Open Source toolbox that I created for Autodesk Maya and as artist on a high-ranking website for animation artist portfolios.
I am passionate about robotic behaviour, interaction and appeal, a sustainable future and healthcare systems through the lens of behavioural sciences, arts and engineering.
My skills further extend to a deep specialization in 2 key areas:
- Bio-Inspired robotics (6 yrs): Combining biomechanics and neuroscience with mechanics, electronics an control engineering
- Character animation (8 yrs): Leading an audience through a story, understanding human empathy and attention and creating appealing behaviour
to April 2016
- Full responsibility, idea and R&D. Developed a robot game prototype featuring an interactive powered biped passive-walker. Mobile BLE control.
- 2,5 months from idea to walking robot
- Constructed from LEGO technic, 3D printed parts, CoolMorph, latex and various electronics. Arduino-based.
- 4 DoF total: 2 DoF actuation
to March 2018
- Full responsibility of design and development of mobile app serving as the face of the FABLE robot. v1.0 and v2.0
- Featuring a programmable articulated face with 2 reactive eyes, eyelids and eyebrows.
to May 2012
- Pipeline Development at Duckling, M2Film, and BaconX: Design & implementation of IT backbone - version control, data integrity, approval process, step-automation and GUI
- Workflow and Tools R&D at various companies: Workflow optimisation/automation, GUI and process development, design of novel tools
to December 2014
- R&D of constrained indoor positioning system for the Smartsuit Pro - an intertia-based motioncapture suit
- Consulting for User-Experience and workflow integration in animation pipeline
- Masterclass in Python Programming for Artists at The Animation Workshop: 2 days of teaching the basics of using Python in an artistic context
- Guest teacher in Animation at TRUEMAX Academy: Teaching animation principles, mindset and approach to animation, 2 months.
- Animation & Story Consultant at Nørgaard & Mikkelsen - Helped develop story of advertisement while facilitating communication between agency and animation studio. Sporadic consulting throughout 2 years of production
- General inter-department communications between technical & artistic employees at various companies
to May 2015
- Animation Supervisor at: BaconX, Copenhagen - Magnum (icecream brand) worldwide campaign movie "Release the Beast"
- Animator at: Animal Logic, Sydney - Animated Feature film "Legend of the Guardians" directed by Zach Snyder
- Animator at: Double Negative, London - Disney Produced VFX Feature Film "John Carter" directed by Andrew Stanton
- Animator at: Duckling A/S, Copenhagen - Carlsberg Sport Advertisements: Squirrel and Penguin (Award Winner)
- Animator at: Various other companies for smaller jobs
- Master's Thesis: Bio-Inspired Robotic Controller with virtual muscles and Cerebellum control. Part of the Neurorobotics subgroup of The Human Brain Project - Ongoing (Finishes September 2018)
- Bachelor Thesis: Musculoskeletal Predictive Control of Human Locomotion - Simulation-based project using cost-of-transport minimisation
- University Project: Soft-Robotic Prosthesis for Shoulder Flexion - Designed for re-enabling my grandmother after a fall caused her to lose shoulder flexion mobility
- University Project: Animatronic Design for Additive Manufacturing - Exploration of functional embedded mechanics for animatronics design using 3D printing.
- Personal Project: [OMToolbox] Founder of the Open Maya Toolbox, an open source initiative for extending the digital sculpting capabilities of Autodesk Maya. Featured on the official Maya website.
- Personal Project: [PAIE] Python Animation Import/Export. Open source tool for handling animation libraries in Autodesk Maya. Now used worldwide in various animation and games studios
- Personal Project: Dynamixel-Maya Connection. Python-based service for controlling Robotis Dynamixel servos from Autodesk Maya, allowing to run live animation playback on a robot.