Information Systems - College of Computer and Information Sciences, PNU.
Providing an effective leadership in all academic and administrative activities of the department.
Managing and mentoring all the teaching and learning processes in the department such as delivery of courses, designing contents for new courses, program assessment and supervision of the department’s committees that related to teaching and learning activities.
Supporting faculty members through mentoring and coaching them while they are teaching and performing their assigned tasks.
The highlight of my academic leadership was the successful accreditation of the IS program by Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET), which is the most prestigious accreditation in the field of computing.
Managing the relation with the labor market to handle an internship and prepare IS graduate for employment.
Establishing partnership with IT entities and prepare IS students to get professional certificates.
Lead the reviewing and updating of the IS program curricula.
Reviewing IS courses specifications and contents.
Prepare Scientific studies and administrative reports
Presented many training courses for Education College’s faculties.
Designed and developed several projects using many programming languages and software like VB, C++, SQL server, etc.: Student Registration system for Education College, Grading system for Education College.
Handled different maintenance operations of computer’s labs and offices.
Responsible for performing different management tasks related to prepare computers’ labs and software’s installation.
- Abu-Taieh, E., Alfaries,A., Al-Otaibi,S.,& ldehaim, G., Cyber Security Crime and Punishment: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications, In book: Multigenerational Online Behavior and Media Use, 2019
- Abu-Taieh, E., Alfaries, A., Al-Otaibi, S., & ldehaim, G., Cyber Security Crime and Punishment: Breakthroughs in Research and Practice, National Security, 2019
- S. Al-Otaibi, A. Alnassar, A. Alshahrani, A. Al-Mubarak, S. Albugami, N. Almutiri and A. Albugami, Customer Satisfaction Measurement using Sentiment Analysis, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA), 9(2), 2018.
- Al Kubaizi, R., Al-Otaibi, S., Al Washigry, B., Al Suhaim , E., Al Sughayer, J. & Al Jumaiah, R., Mining Expertise Using Social Media Analytics, ICCAIS’ 2018: 1st International Conference on Computer Applications & Information Security, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 8-1-5386-4427, pp. 1-5, 2018, IEEE.
- Abu-Taieh, E., Alfaries, A. & Al-Otaibi, S., Cyber Security Body of Knowledge and Curricula Development. Reimagining New Approaches in Teacher Professional Development. ISBN 978-953-51-6129-5. Book edited by:Prof. Vimbi Mahlangu. Intech. London,UK,2018.
- Abu-Taieh, E., Alfaries, A., & Al-Otaibi, S., Challenges Facing E-Publishing Over Cloud Computing on Scientists Social network service: A Comparative Study, Book Chapter, of Handbook of Research on Technology Integration in the Global World, Efosa C. Idemudia (Arkansas Tech University, 2018, IGI Global, USA.
- Abu-Taieh, E., Alfaries, A., Al-Otaibi, S.,& Aldehaim, G.,Cyber Security Crime & Punishment: Comparative Study of the Laws of Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, and Saudi Arabia, IJCWT,2018,8(3).
- Al-Otaibi, S.T.,& Ykhlef, M.,Hybrid Immunizing Solution for Job Recommender System. Frontiers of Computer Science, 2017,11(3):511–527, Springer
- Al-Otaibi, S.T.,& Ykhlef, M,. New Artificial Immune System Approach based on Monoclonal Principle for Job Recommendation. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, SAI, 7 (4).
- Al-Otaibi, S. T., & Ykhlef, M. (2015). Immunizing Job Recommender System. International Journal of Scientific Research and Innovative Technology, 2 (10), pp. 97-110.
- S. T. Al-Otaibi & S. El-masri, “Design of School Content Management Framework”, Information-An International Interdisciplinary Journal, 16(1), pp.77-94, 2013.
- S. T. Al-Otaibi & M. Ykhlef, A survey of Job Recommender Systems. International Journal of the Physical Sciences, 7(29), pp. 5127-5142, 2012.
- S. T. Al-Otaibi and A. Mirza, “Integrated Techniques for Automatic Short Answer Marking Through Information Extraction and Decision Tree Learning”, In proceedings of International Conference On E-Learning, E-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, and E-Government (EEE'11), Las Vegas, NV., USA, 2011.
- Al-Otaibi, S. T., & Ykhlef, M.,. An Artificial Immune System for Job Recommendation. In proceedings of the International Conference and Workshop on Bioinspired Intelligence, pp. 37–43, 2014, IEEE.
- S. T. Al-Otaibi & M. Ykhlef, “Job Recommendation Systems for Enhancing E-recruitment Process”, In proceedings of Information and Knowledge Engineering Conference (IKE 2012), Las Vegas, NV., USA, 2012.
- S. T. Al-Otaibi & S. El-masri, “Web Content Management System for Schools”, In proceedings of Second international conference on recent trends in information processing & computing (IPC), 2011, LINCST Vol. 62, pp. 214-224, Springer, 2012.
- S. T. Al-Otaibi & A. Mirza, “Hybrid Approach for Automatic Short Answer Marking”, In proceedings of Southwest Decision Sciences Institute Conference, SWDSI2012, pp. 581-589, USA.