Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
- Mobile Hydraulics
- Numerical Simulation
- Mechanical Design
Graduate of a Master of Sciences, I’m an engineer specialised in Structural Mechanics such as the ones found in aeronautics.
I've gained a overall understanding of the industry and applied research. I studied material shaping processes and stepped in mechanical design. I also developed transverse skills when I sold electrohydraulic systems for British and Irish customers during my previous position.
Assystem (aeronautical subcontractor)
to October 2017
- Conducted mechanical fatigue analyses on the A380 nose, centre fuselage and wing box sections (fail-safe, safe-life and widespread fatigue damage).
- Computed equivalent mechanical stresses for different flight missions.
- Modelled crack initiation and propagation on mechanical joints.
- Analysed experimental results based on full-scale fatigue test.
- Updated maintenance tasks in respect to airline feedbacks.
Hydrokit UK (supplier of electrohydraulic systems in the UK and Eire)
to December 2016
- Developed B2B sales in mobile hydraulics in the UK and Eire.
- Retailed components (motors, valves, fittings, workshop equipment, etc.) and looked for spare part replacements.
- Designed electrohydraulic systems along with design department (power packs, control boxes, proportional spool valves, hydrostatic transmissions, multiple gear pumps, auxiliary lines, power take-offs, etc.)
- Determined component requirements (mechanical driven-power, flow rate, pressure losses, hydraulic accumulator relaxations, cylinder buckling).
- Took part in agricultural shows (SIMA, LAMMA and Midlands Machinery).
- Followed up repairs (piston pumps), order shipments and provided after-sale services.
Hydrokit (supplier and manufacturer of electrohydraulic systems)
to April 2015
- 3-month training at the headquarters prior to expatriation to the subsidiary based in the UK.
Kuhn Group (manufacturer of agricultural machinery)
to December 2014
- Wrote technical instructions for customer deliveries and manufacturing of agricultural machinery and subsequent upgrades.
- Projected CAD views of complete machinery and exploded views of sub-assemblies on CREO Parametric.
- Annotated assembly steps (bolt tightening, slinging, greasing, etc.) on Illustrator.
- Updated BOMs on Windchill PDMLink (spare parts catalogue).
MFP Michelin (manufacturer of tyres)
to April 2013
- Simulated tyre axisymetric inflation.
- Validated Python scripts to post-process local landmark element on Abaqus/Explicit.
- Simulated compression of orthotropic rubber samples reinforced with metal rods on Abaqus/Standard.
Research Engineer in Numerical Simulation - Moulding of a thermosetting material reinforced with mid-long discontinuous fibres
Clément Ader Institute (research lab in material shaping processes, Mines d'Albi-Carmaux Graduate School)
to December 2012
- Identified chemical, thermal and rheological constitutive models with global non-linear optimisation on Scilab.
- Simulated preheating and filling of highly-reinforced thermosetting materials with mid-long discontinuous fibres (reshaping of epoxide resin / carbon fibre prepreg remnants with metallic inserts) on Moldflow Insight.
- Simulated moulding process (curing, injection, cooling and mechanical behaviour).
- Conducted statistical analysis and extrapolated manufacturing parameters.
- Highlighted process enhancements on aeronautical parts (secondary structures).
Aurock (manufacturer of forming dies and service provider in numerical simulation)
to August 2011
- Studied constitutive models of titanium alloys for hot forming applications (process temperature from 600 to 800°C) in partnership with AIRBUS.
- Optimised elasto-viscoplastic parameter with thermal depedency on Scilab.
- Modelled surface contacts and structural non-linearities.
- Analysed residual stresses, thickness variations and elastic springbacks.
- Simulated forming of industrial parts on Abaqus/Explicit.
Bongard (Manufacturer of bakery ovens and appliances)
to September 2010
- Motorised horizontal movement of integrated deck oven lifter on PRO/Engineer Wildfire.
- Supervised fabrication and experimentation of a prototype.
GRETA Nord Alsace, Saverne (France)
to December 2013
This 240-hour German training gave me the aptitude to hold basic conversations in German.
ISAE-ENSMA (Postgraduate school in Mechanics and Aeronautics), Poitiers (France)
to September 2011
ISAE-ENSMA is an engineering school focused on mechanics and aerotechnics (fluid mechanics, heat transfers, energetics and propulsion), as well as embedded systems in the field of transportation and more specifically aeronautics. The school provides a degree equivalent to a Master of Sciences.
I specialised in structural mechanics during the third year:
✔ Experimental stress analysis, compound durability, damage, fatigue, finite strains, aeronautical structures.
✔ Finite element modelisation, plasticity and viscoplasticity, material mechanical properties, rupture, compound materials.
Blaise Pascal High School, Colmar (France)
to June 2008
After graduating of my A-Level with an Honour Mention, I attended this 2-year intensive training aimed at the national engineering schools’ competitive entrance admission.
I ranked 49 out of 703 candidates in Concours Communs Polytechniques.
Louis Couffignal Highschool
to September 2006
I graduated with an Honour Mention.
Solid MechanicsMaterial strengths, continuum mechanics, finite strains, vibration and aeroelasticity.
Fluid MechanicsGas dynamics, aerodynamics and hydraulics.
Materials ScienceMetals, plastics, compound materials and experimental stress analyses.
Constitutive MechanicsElasticity, hyperelasticity, plasticity, viscoplasticity, superplasticity, damage, fatigue, rupture and creep.
ThermodynamicsChemical kinetics, thermal engines and propulsion systems.
Heat TransfersConduction, convection and radiation.
Mechanical structuresWelded structures, aeronautical structures and gears.
Agricultural and Construction MachineryMower, cultivator, seed drill, trailer and excavator.
Shaping processesLaser cutting, forming and plastic injection.
Components and spare partsPumps, actuators, valves, filters, accumulators, heat exchangers and controls.
Circuit configurationsOpen and closed centers, carry-over, load sensing and power beyond.
Integrated solutionsPower packs, hydrostatic transmissions, safety boom check-valves and hammer lines.
3D ModellingSurface, volume, piping, laminate sheets and welding.
Product LifeCycle ManagementComplex systems and parts listing.
InformaticsEmbedded systems, object-oriented programming, scripts, regular expressions, algorithms and databases.
Numerical analysisFinite element method, solvers, non-linear optimisations and statistics.
Enterprise Resource PlanningCustomer and supplier portfolios, product databases, stock, price listing and orders management.
Business to BusinessProspection, negotiation and response to RFP.
MarketingMarket researd and price offers.
Document Management SystemScientific publications, assembly instructions and fabrication guidelines.
CADCatia V5, Pro/Engineer Wildfire, Creo Parametric, Windchill.
Numerical SimulationMoldflow Insight, Comsol Multiphysics, Abaqus, Patran, Scilab.
ProgrammationVisual Basic (Script and Application).
GraphismIllustrator, Photoshop, Canvas.
EnglishTOEIC 845 / 990 in January 2015 - residant UK 20 months (Mai 2015 to December 2016).