Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
With extensive professional experience as a local government supervisor, Robert Baldwin currently serves as city manager of Dania Beach, Florida. In this position, he helps resolve issues related to the day-to-day operations of a municipality of 30,000, from waste collection and disposal to fire services and law enforcement. Robert Baldwin is particularly focused on addressing issues related to aging infrastructure in Broward County’s oldest city.
He holds a master's degree in Public Administration from the University of Florida. In 1978, he accepted a position as assistant city manager with Fort Lauderdale and was tasked with oversight of diverse operational departments. He guided the implementation of the 10-year Community Redevelopment Master Plan, which involved a $44.7 million bond issue and encompassed beaches, neighborhoods, waterways, and the downtown area. Leading a Fort Lauderdale neighborhood revitalization team, he also helped tackle persistent issues such as vagrancy and prostitution. He has held leadership roles with a number of other south Florida communities such as Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and Lake Worth.
City of Dania Beach
Since March 2009
- The City of Dania Beach is a full-service city providing water, wastewater, storm sewers, police, fire, solid waste collection and disposal, cemetery, parks and recreation, beach/lifeguards, community pools, building, code compliance, community development, a municipal beach pier and restaurant, municipal marina, code compliance, parking administration, administrative services, and other municipal services.
- (Population: 30,000; Budget: $56,000; Employees: 257)
City of Lake Worth
to March 2009
- The City of Lake Worth is a full-service city providing electric, water, and wastewater utilities, police, fire, solid waste collection and disposal, golf course, cemetery, parks and recreation, beach/lifeguards, community pool, library, and municipal garage.
- (Population: 40,000; Budget: $140,000,000; Employees: 650)
Town of Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
to May 2007
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida. (Population: 7,000; Budget: $24 million; Employees: 50).
Broward Sheriff's Office
- (Population: 1.3 Million; Budget: $200 million; Employees: 3,200).
City of Hollywood
- (Population: 65,000; Budget: $40 million; Employees: 950). Temporary appointment by Interim Mayor consulting and managing all aspects of municipal services.
City of Sunrise
City of Fort Lauderdale
- (Population: 156,000; Budget: $160 million; Employees: 2,200). Management position with direct line authority over Operations.