- Contact me Contact Form
Professional StatusAvailable soon
Job/Career Open to opportunities
Summary8 years of programming experience. 5 years experience of managing and developing on Linux and Unix.
Favorite technologies are Linux, C and Lisp. Pefers a functional style of programming, but uses the right tool for the job.
More than 5 years of experience programming with databases including MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite and MongoDB.
2 1/2 years experience researching, writing and editing for a technology news website (www.govetech.net).
Excellent communication, learning, research and writing skills. Largely self-taught in programming. Fast learner. Likes to learn new things.
Interested in a telecommute/remote job.
Calmetrics - Sacramento, CA - United States(Since March 2009)
- Created new web pages and programmed functionality for the website inductiveautomation.com (Java, Linux, Amazon EC2, Wicket)
- Programmed significant parts of a custom Customer Relationship Management system, including an employee time entry system and export to QuickBooks. (Java, Python, MySQL)
- Developed an application to exchange data between QuickBooks and a custom Customer Relationship Management system using Java Web Services. (Java, XML, Web Services, MySQL, Python)
- Created and programming new windows and functionality for a computer system that helps a nut company process and handle their nuts and inventory. (Python, MySQL)
- Created and maintained Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) or GUIs for operators of machines for an olive oil mill. (Python, SQL Server, Java Framework called FactoryPMI)
- Created and maintained an inventory system for tracking and tracing olive oil in a physical tank farm. (Python, SQL Server, Java Framework called FactoryPMI)
- Upgraded a clients HMI system to using the Ignition Java Framework and redesigned visual elements of the system to give it a significant facelift.
- Wrote a new module for the Ignition Java Framework which allows bulk operations to be performed on objects used in the framework. (Java)
- Wrote a CSV parser and text manipulator. (Ruby)
Minnick Web Services - Sacramento, CA - United States(Full-time - May 2007 - February 2009)
- Programmed eCreator, a tool that automatically creates new eBook registration web pages for new eBooks. (PHP, MySQL, shell scripting, cron, Ubuntu)
- Reprogrammed the jobs section of www.gamasutra.com with added functionality (being able to sort jobs and associate jobs with events). (PHP, XML, cron, Linux, MySQL, Smarty)
- Programmed Intel Visual Computing microsite. (PHP, HTML, CSS, MySQL)
- Troubleshooted Movable Type blog system performance problem. Found what was slow and proposed solution. (Perl, Unix, Sqlite)
- Modified and added functionality to calendar/events plugin in WordPress for http://ubmtechnology.com (PHP, MySQL, HTML, XML, RSS)
Church of Scientology Western U.S. - Los Angeles, CA - United States(November 2006 - May 2007)
- Designed and edited promotional materials (flyers, postcards, banners etc.) and promotional emails. Used Photoshop and InDesign.
eRepublic - Sacramento, CA - United States(January 2004 - June 2006)
- Researched, wrote and/or edited technology news stories daily for http://www.govtech.com/ Compiled a daily and several weekly newsletters.
- Programmed a script that generated and formatted newsletters. It pulled in content from www.govtech.com. (PHP, HTML)
- Wrote a web crawler that searches for and reports new technology-related press releases from government websites. (This automated some of the research to find technology news.) (Python)
None - Sacramento, CA - United States(Since January 2007)
- (2011) Developing a job board website in Clojure for blueparen.com
- (2011) Created http://blueparen.com for interviewing creators of programming technologies and tools.
- (2010) Installed and configured Ruby on Rails for a website and implemented basic website functionality. (Ruby, Ruby on Rails)
- (2008 - 2009) Designed a simple CPU using a hardware description language (HDL) and a hardware simulator.
- (2009) Created SimpleCache, a file-based caching system that is used to cache dynamically generated web content, as from a database and/or heavy processing. http://nickmudge.info/index.php?post=109 (PHP)
- (2008): Beginnings of a boot loader in x86 machine code. http://nickmudge.info/index.php?post=100 (x86 instruction set, C, Assembly)
- (2008): Recursive Decent Arithmetic Parser - Beginnings of a programming language parser. It parses arithmetic expressions. http://nickmudge.info/index.php?post=97 (C)
- (2007) Newsconomy - A del.icio.us-like bookmarking website for storing, trading and organizing website bookmarks. http://newsconomy.com (PHP, XML, MySQL, CSS, HTML)
- (2007) Wrote from scratch the blog software system for my blog at http://nickmudge.info (Python)