- Contact me Contact Form
Professional Status Employed
About MeI graduated from Michigan State University on December 10, 2011 with a Bachelor's of Science in Horticulture, [concentration in Landscape Design, Construction and Management.] I'm a hard-working individual with a passion for plants. This year (2013) I accepted a position as a vertical garden designer, and I will be working towards becoming certified in Horticulture.
LiveWall, LLC - Nunica, MI - United States(Full-time - Since March 2013)
- Create Unique Plant Designs for Living Walls
- Use 3D Modeling Programs to Showcase the Architectural Aspect of the Living Wall Designs
- Provide Customer Service Support by means of Creating and Processes Quotes
- Architectural and Technical Support
Deer & Gardens, L.L.C. - Milford - United States(Full-time - May 2012 - February 2013)
- Work as one of a five-person team of Professional Gardeners providing weekly garden services for a list of regular clients
- Aide in providing routine garden maintenance such including fall and spring clean up, weeding, pruning, laying mulch, applying fertilizer, pest control, raking leaves, transplanting
- Aide in creating garden designs of all sizes
Artscape - Royal Oak, MI - United States(Part-time - February 2012 - December 2012)
- Service and detail 20 separate indoor accounts once every week alone
- Gained two new-to-the-company accounts since date of hire
- Retaining knowledge of common indoor plants including identification, maintenance, and pest control
- Artscape specializes in: Indoor plants, indoor plant service, interior plants, plants for offices, office plants service, plant care, horticultural service, silk plants, holiday decorating, rental or lease plants, indoor plant design, decorative planters and florals. We have been involved in our industry association for 24 years, been a sponsor for Green Plants for Green Buildings, are a partner in National Interiorscape Network group and have volunteered for interior conferences for 20 years. ArtScape is a member of National Women Business Owners Association, also.
Michigan State University - East Lansing, MI - United States(Full-time - April 2011 - August 2011)
- Aided PhD students in their research of organic and inorganic weed suppression, weed management, tillage practices, irrigation treatments, and fertility practices.
- Assisted in identifying several weed species.
- Assisted in harvesting, drying, sorting out, and weighing biomass samples taken from the research fields.
- Aided in collecting, sieving, drying, and grinding soil core samples.
- Aided in transplanting 700+ cabbage plants and pigweed seeds by hand into a research field.
- Aided in plant asparagus crowns and transplanting pepper plants by hand into two separate fields.
- Weed species identified include: lambsquaters, pigweed, chickweed, carpet weed, purslane, smart weed, lady’s thumb, oxalis, clover, dandelion, dock, eastern black nightshade, and velvet leaf.
- Biomass samples consisted of: several weed species, rye, vetch, oats, and mustards.
- Helped to perform several potassium chloride extractions in both soil samples taken from research plots and anion strips which were placed within the soil of the plots.
- Helped to recharge anion strips using a six hour system which consisted of one hour being shaken in hydrochloric acid and then 5 hours of being shaken in sodium bicarbonate.
Hoyt Arboretum - Portland, OR - United States(Internship - June 2010 - August 2010)
- Worked every Tuesday morning with a volunteer group, doing maintenance work on the trails and specimen plants
- Aided with several non-profit projects, such as membership promotions, and social media outreach projects
- Aided with office work such as copying, scanning, and filing documents
- Attended weekly staff meetings
- Completed 20 Tree Surveys of the collection plants
- Completed a 143 Trail Intersection and Trail Survey for all of the 12 miles of trails within the arboretum
- Completed an 814 Library Book Inventory Spreadsheet for all of the library books the arboretum owns
- Completed a database file transfer project by transferring 400+ data files to an updated MS Office Access database
- Attended an Urban Forestry conference
- Hoyt Arboretum is Portland's global garden in the wild, where we grow and exhibit trees and plants from around the world while educating our community and conserving vitally important plant bio-diversity.
Deneweth's Garden Center, Inc. - Macomb, MI - United States(Part-time - April 2007 - August 2009)
- Worked as one of a three-person team of full-time Sales Associates responsible for the care and maintenance of perennials, roses, and nursery trees
- Daily plant maintenance which consisted mostly of pruning, dead-heading, spacing, and reorganizing of plants to facilitate merchandising and sales
- Gained knowledge of often used plants, their care, and their landscape use
- Assisted in increasing the total store sales revenue each summer
- in designing several different landscapes for customers, by developing small-scale plans on the sales floor, helping customers to select plant material and needed supplies
- Intermittent cashier responsibilities
- Full Service Garden Center serving Metro Detroit. Annnuals, Perennials, Trees, Shrubs, Vegetables, Herbs, Roses, Landscape Design Service, Custom Potting and much more.