Lluis Saez Martinez
- Home Phone
- Cell Phone
- Contact me Contact Form
Job/Career Open to opportunities
Industrial Engineer / Construction
Highly developed skills in the construction industry as well as the automotive environment. Culturally competent performer possessing a sound international construction experience, with a good balanced understanding of various international building codes which include the IBC, European Standards, NFPA and Qatar Civil Defense requirements having extensive knowledge of interfacing of services and systems, testing and commissioning especially with the Interfacing of Fire Alarm Systems, Smoke Management HVAC Systems, Elevators, Emergency Lighting and Emergency Evacuation Systems .
Self-motivated manager with good work ethics, who strives to work in dynamic environments. Ability to communicate and motivate team members in order to achieve strategic project goals as well as liaising and coordinating client relations. Innovative and dynamic multi-lingual experienced engineer who excels working in a team environment in the design office and also on construction / project sites.
Polytechnic University of Valencia (September 1997 - July 2004)
- Industrial Engineering program is the branch of engineering that is concerned with the efficient production of industrial goods as affected by elements such as plant and procedural design, the management of materials and energy, and the integration of workers within the overall system.
Polytechnic University of Valencia (June 2002 - June 2004)
- Industrial management is the branch of engineering that deals with the creation and management of systems that integrate people and materials and energy in productive ways
KEO - Doha - Qatar(Full-time - Since April 2011)
- Lead Engineer (primary responsibility) for the Independent Inspections Agency (II) Active Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems Inspections Team at the New Doha International Airport
- Elevator Engineer for providing specialist technical reviews and consultation to all KEO Projects in Qatar.
- Responsible for coordinating on a daily basis the attendance of all active inspections scheduled by main contractor, assuring code compliance for all the active systems included in KEO scope.
- Managing with main contractor & subcontractors, through the engineer, all items related to active scope (inspections to be attended, monitoring and reporting discrepancies, non conformances resolution, Inspections plan review and submittal
- Site Inspection and assessment of Active Fire Protection Systems related installations (Sprinkler systems, clean agent systems, fire alarms, public address, access control, emergency lighting and signage, architectural egress routes).
- As an elevator specialist, review drawings and submissions to verify the project specifications / local codes / standards compliance and provide technical assessments for all KEO Qatar projects. Coordinate with the project manager, client, engineer, contractor and elevator sub-contractor to achieve awarding the most suitable elevator company considering project scope, cost, schedule and code compliance requirements.
ThyssenKrupp Elevator SEAME (South Europe, Middle East and Africa) - Doha - Qatar(Full-time - June 2009 - April 2011)
- As the Senior Engineer engaged in the role of both General Coordinator and Site Installation Manager for the New Doha International Airport project in Qatar. Responsible for facilitating the installation of the special elevators, freight elevators, escalators and travelators (moving-walks) on site to meet a capacity of 50 million passengers and 2 Tons cargo. Managing the installation team (200+ Engineers, Technicians and Site Personnel) and developing all related tasks to achieve efficiency and minimize cost. Constantly monitoring and developing new installation methods to improve the team’s performance.
- Promoting the full safety culture among colleagues and workers. Responsible for planning, leading, controlling and organizing the daily activities associated with the installation in accordance to the schedule and raise the required as per the contract requirement.
- Complete responsibility of project, preparation of technical briefs for vertical transportation sub consultants, chairing and coordinating meetings with the client, act as a point of technical liaison / direction and monitor their progress and quality.
- Responsible for the passive and active fire protection elements of the elevator systems – ensuring passive compartmentation elements are maintained and for technical solutions where occurrences of variations to systems occurs. Liaising with other contractors to ensure the reinstatement of firestop systems, fire resistive joint systems, dry wall systems and intumescent paint systems are maintained to the requirements of the authority having jurisdiction. Ensuring required fire resistive elements of working elevators are to the required standard and attending to the interfacing of elevator systems with the fire alarm, sprinkler, HVAC, emergency lighting and emergency evacuation systems. Involved with the planning and development of the testing and commissioning of the elevators and their interface with the various fire systems.
- Responsible for coordination with the engineering department / technical office; converting the client’s request into a purchase order to the factory. Assisted in preparation and review of material submittals and method statements. Preparing and following-up the installation budget in terms of manpower, tools, housing, transportation, etc.
- Site surveys and inspections coordination; Submission of complete project work program & subsequent monthly plans to client for almost 200 units on PRIMAVERA P6.
- Responsible of the recruitment of the elevators technician and installation team.
- Monitoring and promotion of maximum potential performance from the team.
- Reporting installation progress to Project Director and senior management of the elevators shafts evolution, claims, logistics and safety reports.
- Responsible for material logistics on site.
- Resolving and closing installation quality non-conformities (Quality Action Notices - QAN’s) in cooperation with clients QA/QC department.
ThyssenKrupp Elevators Spain - Tarragona - Spain(Full-time - May 2006 - June 2009)
- Overseeing and supervising site installations in the region of Tarragona (Catalonia) on major construction projects.
- Responsible for managing a team of 15 site technicians and construction installers; Completed installations in over 50 construction projects.
- Site condition assessment of elevator shaft to assure the detailed proposed elevator specifications can be installed as built.
- Site visit together with the client, liaising with the client on the installation requirements; Material procurement and management.
- Method statement preparation and approvals.
- Material submittal preparation and approvals.
- Coordination with HSE Department to develop Safety plans and approval follow-up with the client; Ensure Elevators meet the building code compliance in accordance with the Spanish, European and various international standards.
- Interfacing, testing and commissioning elevator systems with the various other systems including the fire protection, emergency and HVAC systems; QA/ QC Management - Non-conformance assessment / analysis and resolution / rectification.
- Weekly report to TKE headquarters in Madrid construction installation progress. Responsible for the personnel development of the team and assuring targets are met.
Guardian - Valencia - Spain(Full-time - August 2005 - February 2006)
- Industrial Engineer managing medium size projects
- Adapt the former installation performance to ISO 9001 and ISO TS standards; Development of AutoCAD lay-outs of the as built construction (MEP, chilled water pipes, production water pipes, fire protection system pipes, clean agent fire protection system pipes, main power supply (3 phase), water treatment and purification facilities, plant, HVAC systems, machine press and air handling machinery, etc.)
- Conducted building code audits / compliance assessments for compliance with the relevant building regulations and codes
- Development of Dangerous Goods Handling and Storage Facility as per the regulation and building code requirements.
- Development of the emergency management system plan.
- Meeting with suppliers and negotiating the best contract according to the specifications and regulations.