* Blogger since 2009
* SGDL member French Writers Guild since 1990
* Creator of the '7 Transmedia Families' a design thinking tool
* Transmedia Mix creator and facilitator, with the Institute for Research & Innovation of the Centre Pompidou, Paris 2014
* Transmedia Live Storm conference, artist residency Paris 2010
* 10 MOTS+1 a transmedia experience with children for the French Ministry of Culture 2005
* MENTAL HEALTH IN BELGIUM Creative documentary RTBF writer
* Junior journalist Cannes Radio and Cannes Film Festival on national TV
* QUE DEMANDER DE PLUS ? Creative documentary (Cinédoc)
* MY WOODSTOCK
Creative documentary on the 25th anniversary of Woodstock director
* RIDICULOUS KILLS!
Writer Filmmaker short fiction Grant from French Ministry of Youth. Released in theaters, televison and festivals. Prix Défi-Jeunes 1990
Since september 2010
Clients in public and private sectors.
Speaker & Trainer (International events and universities) * Social Media & Community Manager * Experience Designer * Creativity Booster (coaching) * Events Curator
Private & National Schools
- Sciences PO Grenoble (Master Transmedia)
IC-COM (Cultural Industries)
Transmedia Storyteller Ltd.
to june 2012
- Narrative design with CONDUCTTR a tool dedicated for the transmedia practitioners created by Robert Pratten
to october 2009
- GLOBAL PROJECT: MEASURING PROGRESS OF SOCIETIES
an E-learning & DVD programme for the Governmental German agency INWENT, Ministry of Finance, with the OECD World Forum and the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs
EUROPEAN COMMISSION & ADETEF France
to june 2009
- 1. Digital strategy, content production, interactive App, data visualization series of e-learning in French, English Arabic.
2. Crossmedia content for the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership MEDSTAT a Programme of the European Commission (EUROP'AID) with the French Ministry of Finance
- Founder & President nonprofit association for the development of multimedia content
- Video archives for the Think Tank COLLEGIUM INTERNATIONAL presided by former French Prime Minister Michel Rocard and UN Ambassador Stéphane Hessel 2007
- E-learning series for the German governmental agency INWENT Ministry of Finance: STATISTICS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS international cooperation with Africa 2006-2007
- Transmedia experience with children for the French Ministry of Culture and the Museum Universciences, Paris 2004 - 2005
- - Series of interviews anniversary of VILLES INTERNET 2008
- DVD French governmental agency on sustainability in 2006
La Petite Reine & Ajoz Films
to july 2003
- Personal assisant to feature films director Jan Kounen. 'Blueberry' ('Renegade') with Vincent Cassel, Michael Madsen, Juliet Lewis a UGC release (film shoot, post production, promotion)
Le PASS (Museum) Parc d'Aventures Scientifiques
to june 2000
- Produced interactive and multilingual (French, English and Dutch) content for all the exhibitions of the scientific Museum. Artistic supervision. Line producer.
to march 2001
- Conference on the Least Advanced Countries with the European Commission
INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVALS & MARKETS
- Liaison bureau INDEPENDENTS SHOWCASE, a New York based agency for the promotion of independent films. Sales assistant, press, events organizer
- Sales Assistant, feature films producers & distributors (France, Belgium, USA) at international film markets:
MIP TV, MIPCOM, MIFED, IFP, AFM, LONDON, TORONTO... (with Parabole, Polygone Productions, Les Films du Village, La Sept/Arte, Transtel TV, Omnivision, Amazing Movies, Picture This, Filmwave Pictures, Atmosphere Entertainment, Initial Vidéo Distribution, Alizé Productions…)
- Polygone Productions, Belgium :
- 1st HD catalogue of Documentary Films
- 1st Public Theater Screening Full HD documentary in Belgium with Barco and EVS
- Development of features films, in charge on the relations between Europe and the USA
BRUSSELS International FILM FESTIVAL
to may 1998
- Head of Guests Service. Co-curation for the festival.
Founder & Curator : “America Meets Europe" (feature films) with Kinepolis
FENETRES SUR COURTS
- Events curator & organizer at the Cinémathèque Française (Presided by Ethnologist Jean Rouch).
Special screenings "Mosaïques" with Alliances Françaises, the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Espace Kronenbourg Paris and private sponsors
- FESTIVAL DU CINEMA AMERICAIN DE DEAUVILLE:
curator and organizer of the 1st short films section of the festival: «Courts Métrages sous les Etoiles», with sponsors Philips Morris, Radio Nova, Media Business Partners, Région Basse Normandie.
Plus en Plus Films
to december 1996
- Curator of French films abroad and of American independent films in Europe. For instance the programme "The Long and the Short of French Cinema" at Bleecker Street Cinema, New York.
- Development of features films, in charge on the relations between Europe and the USA.
Production companies France Belgium
- Commercials and commissioned films with:
Gédéon - Franco American - Planète Spot - Tea For Two - Cake - Milly Films - Quad - Son et Lumière - Foxtrot Productions - PHP - Puma - Tea For Two Productions
- Feature films: Films Alain Sarde - Manitou Productions - Productions Desmichelle - Noé
- Documentary films: PBS - Alizé Films - Films du Village - Films d'Ici (Arte, France TV)- Polygone
CANNES FILM FESTIVAL
- Preparation and backstage assistant/coordinator.
Université Paris Est Créteil
Memoire: Data Communications and International Cooperation
☆ Academia > http://upec.academia.edu/KarineHalpern
PHD Candidate Aix Marseille and Paris universities (transmedia concept)
CNAM Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers)
City University of New York: Hunter College
University of Paris: English
American University of Paris: Finance
TRANSACTIONAL ANALYSIS * Transmedia NEXT 2010 * TV Markets: Pro Pitch (Media) * Creative Writing * Film Production * Documentary filmmaking/editing * Theater *