Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
As an Agile Coach I assist people, teams and organizations reaching more efficient models based on Agile methodologies
to June 2017
- Elaboration of Agile implantation strategy at BBVA Transactional Services business unit (BBVA Corporate Banking).
- Managers and software development teams assistance.
- Facilitation of teams and business unit sessions.
- Design of maturity tools for Agile software development at both team and roles levels.
- Exclusive in-house trainings for product development using Agile including people from teams, managers and stakeholders (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FotqFRRULKU).
- Agile Unit development at UST Global Spain with my team mates from UST Global Spain.
to April 2015
- Normalize Agile practices between different projects at BBVA Internal Ventures business unit.
- ScrumMasters empowerment as change agents at the unit.
- Train people from teams and stakeholders on Agile tools for design products based on customers such as User Stories, User Personas and User Story Mapping.
- Inclusion of Extreme Programming techniques into their Agile approach.
to October 2014
- ING Bank Spain Agile teams launching and assistance.
- Scrum and Kanban trainings for teams and middle management.
- Kanban system implementation for software maintenance teams.
- User Stories, User Personas and User Story Mapping trainings for teams.
to August 2013
- Assistance to the whole Madrid development center teams in their Scrum adoption.
- Introduction and facilitation of new Agile tools like Agile Inceptions in order to collaborate during the product conception phase.
- Design and facilitation of Agile trainings at the Barcelona and Madrid centers.
to December 2012
- Assistance for teams in improving the way they were working, attending to the process (we looked for improvements together).
- Assistance for teams in improving the way they were creating software, developing with extreme programming techniques like pair programming and TDD.
- Assistance for team members in improving personally and professionally with activities aimed towards motivation and building up their self-confidence.
to May 2012
- Development and maintenance of the backoffice tool. It was developed using Spring 2.5, Hibernate 3 and Grails 1.1.
- Adoption of Scrum framework and Extreme Programming techniques.
to March 2011
- Development of the new Gas Natural invoicing tool using Java and Power Builder
to August 2010
- Built ICM and CNOO sites upon some CMS like Joomla and Drupal.
- Develop plugins for Joomla and Drupal
- Built official sites for CNOO special events such as their annual congress.
to June 2009
- Maintenance of the old NH-Hoteles e-Commerce site and the development of the new one
- Redesign of the Venca site (product view and shopping cart).
- Other minor projects for NH-Hoteles
Facilitation & OrganizationDuring last years (2012-2015) I took part in the organisation and facilitation of several events in Spain. Here are some of them:
• Big Agile Open Space (2015 & 2016): I co-oragnized and co-facilitated this open space for sharing experiences regarding Agile adoptions in big companies in Spain (bigagileos.org).
• UX Open Space (2014): I co-oragnized and co-facilitated this open space for User eXperience professionals in Spain (http://uxopenspace.com/).
• #JugemOS and Games2LearnMadrid (2013 and 2014): I co-oragnized and co- facilitated this couple of open spaces regarding new ways of learning using games (http://youtu.be/wRnTy9ZDHpw).
• #ScrumForAll (2014): I co-oragnized and co-facilitated this open space for Scrum professionals in Madrid, creating the best conditions for them to share their knowledge and experience using Scrum and Agile methodologies.
• Coaching Dojo (2013): like in the coding dojos developers improve their technical skills, we wanted to do the same but in the world of agile coaching. We celebrate this dojo in the Odigeo Madrid office.
• Open Space QA + Agile #QAlidad (2013): With two more people we are organising this open space realted to quality assurance in software development.
• CAS 2012 (2012): 2 days event that houses all kind of conferences and trainings related to Agile methodologies in Spain. Web: http://conferencia2012.agile-spain.org
• Odigeo Open Space (2012): This was the first open space organised in the Odigeo Madrid office. It was open for people from outside of our company, and it was related to motivation, creativity and innovation inside companies.
• Global Day of Code Retreat 2012-2014 (2012-2014): Programming event celebrated in all the world simultaneously. I organised the Madrid event and helped the assistants guiding them through the whole exercise. Web: http://madridcoderetreat.wordpress.com
As speakerI love participating in conferences as a speaker. I took part in some of the most important
Spanish conferences regarding software development:
• CAS 2012: “How to make better decisions”
• UPC Barcelona (2013): “Introduction to Scrum for Computer Science students”.
• CAS 2013: “Scrum in 10 minutes” (http://youtu.be/r6C1Cl0UrKM).
• Agile Madrid: “Introduction to Scrum” (http://vimeo.com/95871880).
• AOS 2014: “I make my own Scrum and other bad tales”, “How to write great user stories” and “Improving your retrospectives” (http://aos2014.agile-spain.org/).
• Codemotion Madrid 2014 (November 2014): “Scrum Bad Smells” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs2FDjtKTRA) and “Improving your retrospectives” (http://www.slideshare.net/juanmagomezr/mejora-tus-retrospectivas-codemotion-2014).
• Codemotion Madrid 2015 (November 2015): “Agile Maturity Model for Scrum Teams” (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18J1g6IDTus2u36BT5eNb_nFQ6tDpC2NE5TsAwedN_hY/edit?usp=sharing).
• Agile Spain Conferences Madrid 2015 (December 2015): “Visual Management Tips” (http://www.slideshare.net/juanmagomezr/cas-2015-visual-management-para-facilitar-tu-trabajo)
Agile & Lean Practitioner
Organizational change aptitudes
TDD & BDD
Lean Kanban University
Kanban fundamentals and design of efficient systems using the Kanban Method principles
Lean Change Management two-days training.
Management 3.0 two-day training.
to April 2016
Neurolinguistic Programming and Developmental Behavioral Modeling 7-months course.
SAFe 3.0 fundamentals two-days training.
One day course about Conflict Solving Techniques applied to Agile implementations and teams dynamics.
Introduction to Neurolinguistic Programming fundamentals. One day course.
2-days course about the role of the Agile Coach as transformation agent at companies.
3-days course about Agile software developing fundamentals. Certified by the Scrum Alliance.
Scrum 2-days course with Scrum Alliance certification.