I've worked in the IT industry for the past 6 years and have the skills, abilities and qualifications that provide me with the expertise to work efficiently in this sector, especially within the system/network engineering areas. My main duties include Linux Administration, Java Development, and maintaining a business solution for a large Australian retail franchise group where I apply my software development and system engineering skills on a daily basis.
I am best suited for this industry because of my competence in System Development and Administration, Programming Languages, System Automation and Network Engineering. I am passionate and eager to expand my understanding of the Information and Technology Industry. My hard work ethic, punctuality, and willingness to learn are just a few of the qualities that set me apart in a professional workplace. I am diligent when completing tasks and work effectively as part of a team or on my own. I can manage projects, make decisions, and find solutions to complex problems. Regardless of how fast things are moving.
Cognyx Systems Pty Ltd
- Support and Maintain a large enterprise retail business solution.
- Maintaining reliable and stable IT infrastructure including networking, servers and applications.
- Assistance with Java development in a tomcat/jboss environment.
- Provided ad hoc support to Linux platforms (Redhat and Debian based distros).
- Oversee remote terminal/server services and desktop environments.
- Maintaining MySQL databases.
- Setup and administered firewalls using Shorewall to over 100 remote servers.
- High level hardware staging, operating systems installation and monitoring.
- Developing and maintaining scripts using Bash/Perl/Python for system automation processes.
- Working with the various business units to ensure that the Point of Sale systems function.