Data Architect, Application Developer and Project Manager in a wide variety of business applications ranging ERP (MFG/Pro) from client-server payroll to web based order entry, data warehouses and business intelligence.
Designer of solutions to improve productivity and efficiency.
Responsible for identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems. Solutions often include a systems development component, process improvement or organizational change or strategic planning and policy development.
Zielostone SL - Madrid
Since December 2015
- Completely and successfully restructured the technical department. Recruited and created a motivated team that has improved customer satisfaction beyond all expectations.
- Designed the technical solution and successfully managed the team that completed on time and budget a Real Estate intelligent, scalable application. Obtained a new large scale project from the same big-player customer in the Real Estate business in Latin America.
- Successfully redirected company strategy and goals thus boosting board of directors confidence and securing future investment funding for new hires and acquisitions.
- Lead R&D to apply machine learning algorithms for innovative products to solve everyday problems. Create blueprints for data management systems to integrate, centralize, protect and maintain data sources.
Alterity Solutions Inc.
to December 2015
- Successfully designed the technical solution and managed the team that implemented a multi-process, multi-systems, (SAP, MFG/Pro, external carrier) large scale, order tracking application for a well known multi-national corporation.
- Designed and implemented a content-based recommender system using classifier machine learning algorithms for one of our customers from the food industry in Germany.
to December 2014
- Preceding the successful implementation of MFG/Pro in Venezuela & Colombia, acted as the MFG/Pro expert consultant for Argentina & Chile including server sizing, MFG/Pro installation, LA process standardization, bolt-on Progress programming and training.
- Responsible for the successful data migration from HR legacy systems in 13 countries to corporate HCM SAP for the GPT R8 project.
- Received Rockwell CTM award for exceeding expectations throughout the conversion.
- MFG/Pro server consolidation and clustering. IT responsible for consolidating 12 Latin American countries MFG/Pro instances in Milwaukee's (HQ) data center. Personally received a CTM award.
- Implement MFG/PRO electronic invoicing (paperless) for RA Chile subsidiary before legal timelines to improve billing process and comply with tax regulations.
- Responsible for management and technical design, leadership and implementation for a variety of medium to large sized IT projects throughout Latin America. Some of these include:
- Latin America Data Warehouse (LADW) Designer and technical lead for the new enhanced version using SQL Server, Java and Cognos technologies to provide sales and financial data to high management.
- SAP r8 HCM Latin America legacy systems data conversion. Data developer (ETL) for migrating HR legacy systems to SAP HCM for all Latin America sites.
- Monterrey Payroll IT Leader for implementing META4 payroll outsourcing in Rockwell s new Monterrey plant.
- Design and development of a fully automated marketing event registration and tracking system. Awarded.
- Web Access IT Leader for the development of new features and migration of the legacy web application used by Latin America distributors.
- Dispatch to Invoice (D2I) Project Manager of a Six Sigma project to reduce by 300% the time to invoice, improving Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) from more than 180 to 30-60 days.
- Managed IT infrastructure, IT budget and business applications for the Andean region's (Venezuela, Colombia and Peru) RA subsidiries.
to November 1998
- Worked as an on-site IT consultant at Rockwell Automation, providing services for desktop support, LANs, database analyst, application developer among other tasks.
- As cofounder and director of the company, I offered my IT & IS experience and knowledge to provide external consulting to several small to mid sized companies mostly in the civil engineering (construction) industry. The company developed a Construction Project Control System that received an award from the Venezuela Engineering School as one of the top three Civil Engineering programs of the year (1993).
20 Years Experience in IT. Management, budgets, procurement, hiring, technology implementation. Responsible for the Andean Region IT overall strategy, organization and budget.
18 Years experience working in multi-national, multi-cultural environments
10 Years in Project Management. 18 in Database & Applications design and implementation. Successfully managed IT application projects in Latin America.
10+ years of MFG/Pro ERP versions 7.4 & 9 experience. Advanced knowledge of table structure, processes and Progress GL programming.
Designed regional Datawarehouses and Business Intelligence solutions. SQL server, Oracle and MySQL backend & COGNOS front end solutions.
Advanced Unix (HP-UX / Linux) skills. Server sizing, installation, configuration, hardening, shell scripts, cron jobs.
Expert SQL programming. SQL Server, ORACLE, MySQL.
Advanced backend data delivery API services skills. PHP (Slim) and Python (Flask).
Proven ETL knowledge. Vast experience processing data between different applications. MFG/Pro, SAP, flat files, JSON, XML.
Excellent problem-solving capabilities and critical thinking skills.
Distinctive analysis skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends. Applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation.
Microsoft Certified System Administrator, Microsoft License 2910472 March 2003
Practical experience in machine learning solutions. Neural networks, random forest, k-Means, TensorFlow, collaborative filters.
Capture the moment (CTM) 2013 award as IT data developer in migrating HR legacy systems data to SAP in the GPT R8 project.
CTM 2010 award as IT project leader in migrating and consolidating all Latin America MFGPRO servers to HQ server clusters, 2010.
CTM 2010 award as designer and developer of CAOTM events registration, control, follow up automated application, 2010.
Green Belt for Integrated Architecture, 2nd best score. 2004.
Latin America MFG/PRO eB upgrade implementation award, 2002.
Outstanding Teamwork awards Country Web Site Project, 2001.
Outstanding Teamwork awards Global Logistics Y2K, 2000.
Outstanding Teamwork awards Country Web Site Project, 2001.
Award of achievement for the successful implementation of the Windows 2000 project in the Andean Region, 2001.
Win Team award for the considerable savings in the implementation of the MFG/PRO ERP in Venezuela, 1998.
Best New Unitary Price Analysis software in EXPOINGENIERIA '93
Computer Science / Management Information Systems
Colegio Emil Friedman - Caracas, Venezuela
Reynolds High School - London, England.
- Managing enterprise projects using Microsoft Office Project Server 2012
- IT Communication liaison training 2012
- MS Project server 2011
- PMP Training 2010
- IT Governance, Project Delivery and Resource Management 2008
- Project Management 2006
- Six Sigma Green Belt training 2005
- Process Improvement 2004
- High Impact Leadership 2004
- Windows MCSA Certification Courses
- Altiris Deployment Server Administration 2002
- COGNOS Impromptu and PowerPlay Administration 2000
- Machine Learning / Standford University / Coursera Score 100% / 2012
- Interactive Programming in Python / Rice University / Coursera Score 100% / 2013
- Model Thinking / University of Michigan / Coursera Score 99.5% / 2012
- Introduction to Data Science / University of Washington / Coursera Score 97.4% / 2013