Emilie Batard is creatively conjoined from both her personal and professional life. Moving to the Philippines in 2009, Emilie immediately fell in love with the people and culture, setting out to capture all she could through multiple creative formats. Completing her Masters in Filmography from the University of the Philippines, she joined TBWA\SMP in 2014 as one of the original film directors in the production department.
With a background in journalism, Emilie has engaged in many projects from producing documentaries, viral videos, commercial content, analog photography, live reporting, and hand drawings. She brings a clever and witty angle to any work she does, capturing audiences through her charisma and definition.
Emilie's passion arises from her curiosity in the stories behind the content, exploring the history, and networks of her subjects.
Emilie immerses herself in the creative spirit, and the best is surely to come.
Since January 2014
- Directing online content, documentaries and commercials for the advertising industry.
- Clients: KFC, Nissan, Alaska, Smart Communications, adidas, etc.
- Top 50 best in Adobo Creative rankingKFC "Food For Hope Bronze, Kidlat Awards 2016 Hana Water Billboard, Bronze, Cannes' Lions Health Awards 2015, Grand Clio award
- Series "Philippine Life" (sponsored by the Department of Tourism)
- Five minutes long reports, aired worldwide in twelve languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Ukrainian and Greek.
- Euronews’ LIFE series travels around the world pausing in different countries to produce a series of reports bringing our viewers a new perspective on the country in the spotlight. The stories focus on culture, heritage, lifestyle or business tapping into the pulse of the issue in question
to March 2013
- 30 minutes documentary on the Batad Rice Terraces and the impact of modernity on the village.
- Airing on national TV Living Asian Channel
- Overseeing video projects
- Establishment of shots list
- Preparing daily call sheets
- Overseeing the project and meeting deadlines
- Projects: ADB (interviews series), Askal (independent feature film), Burlington commercial (aired on national TV), Kapatid (short film as part of the Ciinemanila 2011 competition), etc.
- Conduct classes in French; Lecture, demonstrate, and use audiovisual teaching aids to present subject matter to class
- Prepare course objectives and outlines following curriculum guidelines and requirements of the AFM
Hana Water Billboard campaign won a Grand Clio Image Award, Bronze for Cannes' Lions Health Awards 2015, Wood Pencil at D&AD, one Silver Pencil and two Bronze Pencils at One Show Awards
KFC "Food For Hope won a bronze at Kidlat Awards 2016
Documentary Pachao broadcasted on national TV Asia Living Channel
University of the Philippines Film Institute
to April 2013
The MA Media Studies in Film Program focuses on the study of film vis-á-vis the increasingly urgent issues of globalization and new media technologies as it provides us with a means of closely inspecting and evaluating film as a complex social, cultural and economic phenomenon.
La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
to February 2008
Journalism and Media Production
Lyon Lumiere University, France
to June 2007
Society and Information & Communication Technology
Writing for Broadcast
Law applied to Media