Emilie Batard is creatively conjoined from both her personal and professional life. Moving to the Philippines in 2009, Emilie immediately fell in love with the people and culture, setting out to capture all she could through multiple creative formats. Completing her Masters in Filmography from the University of the Philippines, she joined TBWA\SMP in 2014 as one of the original film directors in the production department.
With a background in journalism, Emilie has engaged in many projects from producing documentaries, viral videos, commercial content, analog photography, live reporting, and hand drawings. She brings a clever and witty angle to any work she does, capturing audiences through her charisma and definition.
Emilie's passion arises from her curiosity in the stories behind the content, exploring the history, and networks of her subjects.
Emilie immerses herself in the creative spirit, and the best is surely to come.
Since january 2014
- Directing documentaries, viral videos and commercial content.
- Clients: KFC, Nissan, Alaska, Smart Communications, Adidas, etc.
- Hana Water Billboard, Bronze at Cannes' Lions Health Awards 2015 & Grand Clio award
KFC Food For Hope, Bronze at Kidlat Awards 2016 Dirty Water Color, Bronze at 2016 Clio Awards
- Evaluate each participant who was asked to prepare a presentation of their body of work in Photography. Four young creatives with the most impressive portfolios were awarded.
- Five minutes long reports, aired worldwide in twelve languages.
- Euronews’ LIFE series travels around the world to produce a series of reports focusing on culture, heritage, lifestyle or business tapping into the pulse of the issue in question
to june 2012
- Shooting and directing documentaries, corporate AVPs, independent feature and short films
Demain TV & Public Senat
to may 2008
- Reporting on social issues and current affairs (research, camera operating and post production supervision)
- Writing feeds for live programs
- Media Watch on parliamentary news
University of the Philippines Film Institute
to april 2013
The MA Media Studies in Film Program focuses on the study of film vis-á-vis the increasingly urgent issues of globalization and new media technologies as it provides us with a means of closely inspecting and evaluating film as a complex social, cultural and economic phenomenon.
La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
to february 2008
Journalism and Media Production
Lyon Lumiere University, France
to june 2007
Society and Information & Communication Technology
Writing for Broadcast
Law applied to Media