- Business and Application Analytics
- Software Development, Integration, and Deployment
- Agile and Scrum Facilitation and Execution
- System Administration
Throughout my time as a system administrator, integration engineer, software developer, business analyst and scrum master, I have acquired a large set of skills. With these skills, it has enabled me to be an asset in almost any situation and solve problems effectively and efficiently. I have also championed being a teacher and a leader to help others grow their skills and lead teams to put great ideas to action.
While I worked as a business analyst, my skills related to critical thinking and problem solving have been honed to allow me to tackle problems across multiple disciplines and applications. My time as a software developer enabled me to see how software and applications are built from the inside out. While working in agile and scrum it has taught me to be self-managing and work effectively in a team environment. As I worked as an integration engineer, I have learned to work in a team outside of my organization, with customers and other IT professionals. While employed as a system administrator I learned how applications and services are delivered to customers and the challenges faced in that discipline.
I should also mention my background in the healthcare industry. Because of my time and success in this industry, I have developed skills in healthcare messaging, development, integration, market trends, and compliance.
My background in technology alongside my communicative and organizational skills has enabled me to be large benefit to any organization. I work well whether deep in the trenches of technology or working with customers to solve complex issues.
Since April 2016
- Assists senior management by performing broad scope of duties with Trinity Health's Internet and Intranet web service front-end, back-end and Portal development. Participates in the strategic and tactical planning of Trinity Health's web services. Researches industry practices related to web integration, portals and web services.
- Requires making complex, independent decisions for which there is little historical precedent. Manages and establishes technical standards for portal, application and integration development, web site design and content management, and daily operations related to web services.
- Directs the activities of team leads and staff, including web integration architecture and development, content management, website and application design and usability.
- Implemented and coached others on Agile methodologies and the scrum Framework. Directed my team to work with Kanban and Scrum to increase productivity and make development more predictable. Worked within the larger organization to implement the SAFE architecture
- Analyze and determine gaps to meet changing business requirements, healthcare reform and needs of users within the health system and local organizations.
- Determine functional requirements and specifications for complex solutions to problems across the HIE
- Develop project management planning to coordinate tasks and objectives. This involves working with project management leads at the corporate and local level along with IT resources.
- Provide on-going support for installed systems including resolution of problems, impacts, upgrades, and testing.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in Customer Service with all internal and external customers.
- Provide services and support in the role of a scrum master for a wide variety of projects and positions. This includes facilitating and developing the Agile Scrum methodologies of Trinity Health. Being both a supportive and leader to both Product Owners and Software development teams.
- This company was formally known as Catholic Health East. Merged with Trinity Health in 2014
- Estimate, design, develop HIE software in the Agile Development process.
- Work with industry standards including IHE and HL7 through JAVA, Apple and other development platforms.
- Perform ongoing support of HIE systems, Mirth integration engine and Medecision products
- Coordinate with project management office to plan and execute implementations
- Procurement, siting and end-to-end configuration and testing of hardware and software
West Chester University
- Install, configures, optimize, administer and monitor performance of server and applications.
- Work with network engineer to administer all networking equipment for SSHEnet
- Create new backup, mail, DNS, and monitoring systems under a virtual environment. Including a redesign of SSHEnet technician website.
- Supervise student interns to run classrooms, faculty workstations and building helpdesk for the West Chester University Graduate Business Center.
- Develop internal and external software using FoxPro and PHP.
- Work with customers to Install, implement and support all Technologue technology.
- Develop and maintain a internal developer infrastructure as well as external database and application servers
- This business was purchased by Motor Inc. in 2008
HL7, IHE, PIX/PDQ, XDS, XCA, CDA/CCD/CCDA, DICOM, NCPDP, XCPD, ATNA
Meaningful Use and Healthcare Reform
OS: IOS, OSX, Linux, Windows. Server and desktop.
Server: Mirth, Joomla, WordPress, Apache, Tomcat
Management: TeamForge, Changepoint, MediaWiki, Clarity, Google Analytics, CA Helpdesk, Trello, Quickbase, MS Project & Office, ServiceNow, Quickbase, Swift Kanban
Database: Oracle, MySQL, PL/SQL.
Development: Eclipse, Selenium, SVN, Jenkins, GIT
Agile process, Requirements, test scripting, QA
Requirements gathering, Development Estimation, Execution, Test scripting, QA, Analytics, Problem Resolution
DIY, Woodcrafting, upcycling,
Wedding Officiant, Public Speaking, Event administration
Auto Racing, Outdoors, Traveling
Certified in CPR and First Aid
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Ordained Minister from Universal Life Church (ULC)
- Sports Car Club of America (SCCA)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon, West Chester University
- Winterthur Museum Member