- Contact me Contact Form
Professional EN-ID (vice versa) TranslatorProfessional freelance translator and transcriber with over 14 years of experiences handling various materials from English to Indonesian (vice versa), bearing portfolio from many state and private companies and especially major publishing houses in Indonesia, as well as foreign agencies and private clients. I also handle legal documents under Rev.com, Inc., an American-based translation agency specialized in academic, business, immigration and certified documents.
Bimatranz.com - Jakarta - Indonesia(Full-time - Since September 2011)
- Bimatranz is an online-based sole proprietorship professional translation services for English to Bahasa Indonesia (vice versa) with a flat rate of USD0.05 per source word or USD15.00 per source page. No hidden fees, fast turnaround with minimum output of 10 pages per day, and 100% money back guarantee if the translations are not completed up to schedule.
I should also add that the rates for payment in Indonesian Rupiah are Rp416 per source word and Rp125000 per source page.
Launched on September 06, 2011, Bimatranz largely offers general translations in various fields, but also capable of translating legal, certified and academic documents under Rev.com, Inc. (formerly FoxTranslate.com), a respectable agency based in America, acting as their certified translator.
The process is simple, quick, and payable via PayPal for payments in US Dollar or bank transfer to Mandiri Bank in Indonesia for payments Indonesian Rupiah.
Rev.com, Inc. (formerly FoxTranslate.com) - San Fansisco, CA - United States(Freelancer - Since November 2010)
- A certified translator at Rev.com, Inc.,an American-based translation agency specialized in academic, business, immigration and certified documents.
Global Security Asia - Jakarta - Indonesia(Freelancer - November 2012 - January 2013)
- Hired as an interpreter to bridge the meeting between GSA’s Managing Director Andrew Marriott and the Police Commissioner General of Indonesian Republic Drs. Imam Sudjarwo, M.Si to discuss and present an invitation to attend GSA 2013 Show. Global Security Asia is the leading Counter Terrorism and Internal State Security Exhibition and Conference in the Asia Pacific Region, at the Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Singapore, being the fifth edition in the GSA Series.
- Along the way, I also served as the translator for the involved documents from GSA to the Indonesian Delegates.
Universitas Pembangunan Nasional - Jakarta - Indonesia(Part-time - Since October 2010)
- Teaching Academic English for Economic, Accounting and Socio-Political Major, every Thursday and Saturday, from 08:00 – 13:30.
Teaching English for Business, Accounting and Socio-Political Major in each respective class.
Preparing Mid and Final Test exams for each respective class.
Provide scoring for exams made for Mid and Final Test.
www.sramanamitra.com - Menlo Park, CA - United States(Freelancer - Since September 2010)
Working as a transcriptionist for Ms Sramana Mitra, transcribing 60 audio files ranging from 30-60 minutes long to be put on her website, for the following topics series:
Seed Capital From Angel Investors Interview Transcription
Part of The 1 Million by 1 Million Initiative founded and run by Ms Sramana Mitra, about the efforts to help 1 million entrepreneurs reach their first 1 million revenues, that in the long run would create 1 trillion Global GDP and 10 Million jobs, focusing primarily in United States. This is done by providing the needed informations about venture funds and angel investors by means of interviews with key persons in the field.
Thought Leaders in Cloud Computing (TLCC) Interview Interview Transcription
Also part of 1 Million by 1 Million Initiative founded and run by Ms Sramana Mitra that exposes cloud computing trends and opportunities in conjunction to developing venture funds, startup companies and entrepreneurs aiming for the clouds industry. Implemented by means of interviews with CIOs across industry verticals who have taken a lead in deploying cloud-based offerings within their organizations.
oDesk - Menlo Park, CA - United States(Freelancer - August 2010 - January 2012)
- Freelance translator / transcriber / editor for English-Indonesian (vice versa) language combination.
Redline Publishing - Jakarta - Indonesia(Freelancer - January 2010 - June 2010)
- Translated a young-adult fiction titled “THE BEAUTIFUL MALICE” by Rebecca James and editing an old Japanese historical fiction titled "FURIN KAZAN"
Edelweiss Pustaka Iman - Jakarta - Indonesia(Freelancer - October 2009 - January 2010)
- Translated a contemporary literature fiction titled ”THE LAST SAMURAI” by Helen DeWitt and half of "SECRETS OF THE LOST SYMBOL".
Tiga Serangkai Publishing Company - Solo - Indonesia(Freelancer - May 2009 - July 2009)
- Translated a historical fiction titled “THE BLUE MANUSCRIPT” by Sabiha al-Khemir.
Gramedia Pustaka Utama - Jakarta(Freelancer - March 2009 - April 2009)
- Translated non-fiction books titled “NAPOLEON HILL’S GOLDEN RULES” and “A TREASURY OF SUCCESS UNLIMITED” by Napoleon Hill, edited by OG Mandino.
Cognito Communication Counsellor - Jakarta - Indonesia(Full-time - June 2008 - January 2009)
- Worked as a Translator and Public Relation Staff with close-knit teamwork and extreme deadlines environment, translated and summarized materials from English to Indonesia and/or vice versa in the following assignments:
Data entry on media monitoring
Compiling various formats of Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reports to the final form
Occasional various reports on PR Activities, Regional Campaigns and Projects
Most of which were for prominent and prestigious clients listed as Fortune 500 companies as Sun Microsystems Inc./PT. Sun Microsystems Indonesia and PT Birotika Semesta/DHL Express Indonesia, plus similar works for several others such as Motorola Inc., Blue Coat, Adobe, 3Com, Qualcomm, GE Money, PT HM Sampoerna, Oxford Business Group/OBG Indonesia, Hill & Knowlton/PMO Singapore, Singapore Technologies Telemedia (STT), View Sonic, PayPal and Western Union.
Pustaka Zahra and Dastan Books - Jakarta - Indonesia(Freelancer - August 2002 - June 2008)
- This is where I gathered most of my translation portfolio, garnering a total 15 book projects for fiction and non-fiction literature as follow:
• A psycho-thriller novel titled "DARKLY DREAMING DEXTER" by Jeff Lindsay.
• Novelizations of the American hit TV-series titled "MR. MONK GOES TO HAWAII" and "MR. MONK FOES TO THE FIREHOUSE" by Lee Goldberg.
• A spy-thriller novel titled "THE ECHELON VENDETTA" by David Stone.
• An action-adventure novel titled "THE TREASURE OF GENGHIS KHAN" by Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler.
• Psychological and suspense novels titled "THE PIGEON" and "PERFUME" by Patrick Sűskind.
• An Egyptian detective novel titled "NEFERTITI: The Book of Death" by Nick Drake.
• A religious thriller novel titled "DAUGHTER OF GOD" by Lewis Perdue.
• The original 1927 "THIEF OF BAGHDAD" novel by Dauglas Fairbanks and Alexander Romanoff.
• An ancient Iranian Islamic manuscript regarding lectures about "SIGNS OF A MOSLEM" by Ayatullah al-Uzma al-Hajj ash-Syeikh Nasir Makarim ash-Srirazi.
• An Iranian Islamic novel titled "THE MADNESS OF GOD" by Da'ud ibnu Ibrahim Al Shawni.
• An ancient Iranian manuscript regarding "ISLAMIC MEDICAL PRACTICES AND WISDOM OF THE TWELVE SYIAH" (329 - 1709 AD), with preface by Andrew J. Newman and Prof. H.M. Hembing Wijayakusuma.
• A reference book tittled "DIGEST OF ISLAMIC NAMES" by Ismä'il R. al-Färüqï.
• An Iranian archive of short stories written by famous Iranian short story writers, titled "THE INTERSECTION".
UNDP Indonesia (United Nation Development Programme) - Jakarta - Indonesia(Freelancer - July 2006 - August 2006)
- Translated UNDP’s brochures and/or booklets as a way of socializing the organization and its programs, as well as for UNDP’S CONSULTATION WORKSHOP about ”Globalization, Labor Markets and Gender Inequity: Case Study of Textile and Garment Industry in Indonesia”. The workshop was a cooperation between UNDP Jakarta and UNDP Regional Office of Colombo. Held in Jakarta on June 30, 2006.
BANPU Coal Mining Company - Jakarta - Indonesia(Freelancer - June 2005 - August 2005)
- Localized 7 modules of CCLASS (Laboratory Information Management System) Application Software for their training program, as well as several other occasions for the last three months in 2005.
Rajagrafindo Perkasa (Rajawalipers) - Jakarta - Indonesia(Freelancer - September 2004 - December 2004)
- Translated an international economic textbook titled ”Multiculture Behavior and Global Business Environment” by Kamal Dean Parhiszgar, PhD regarding phenomena and implementation of multiculturalism in international business.
KPPU (The Commission for the Supervision of Business Competition) - Jakarta - Indonesia(Freelancer - September 2004 - September 2004)
- There was a join project between European Union (EU) – Indonesia Small Project Facility and KPPU regarding ”The Comparative Study of Competition Policy on Urban Transport” that was held from January – September 2004, following the previous workshop in Paris, French on June 28 – July 1, 2004. The activities were followed by several European transportation experts from England, German, French and Italy. All of which were relaying problem descriptions of urban transport sector encountered by each states, to be discussed further and linked to similar problems occurred in Indonesia's big cities, primarily in Jakarta.
I translated and transcribed all materials involved regarding transportation and telecommunication on the above subject—charts, drafts, meeting transcripts and presentation slides, to be resubmitted to the employer and then translate the final result of the study.
Jalasutra Publishing - Yogyakarta - Indonesia(Freelancer - August 2004 - September 2004)
- Translated a pop How-To book titled ”HOW TO WRITE A LOVE LETTERS” regarding guides and encouragements to convey affections through letters, written by Barrie Dolnick dan Donald Baack. Apparently sold and published by Diwan Publishing under the same title in late 2004.
PT. TRAKINDO - Jakarta - Indonesia(Freelancer - June 2003 - July 2003)
- Localized TRAKINDO’s training material and programs from its original CD format (12 CDs) regarding contents, technical, mechanical guides and application features, to be converted and dubbed back into CD formats.
WHO of South East Asia Region - Bogor - Indonesia(Consultant - January 2003 - January 2003)
- Worked as an interpreter for three days meeting and seminar of the Review Meeting of AFP Surveillance in Bogor, regarding the WHO-SEARO's programs and activities in eradicating polio disease throughout Asia, translating the WHO-SEARO's seminar results and reports in two languages (Bahasa and English).
PMPTK-Bahasa, Ministry of Education and Culture - Jakarta - Indonesia(Freelancer - October 2002 - October 2002)
- Translated concept materials, charts, tables, and contents needed in the making of booklets, brochures, and pamphlets as part of PMPTK-Bahasa socialization programs.
LB-LIA Ciputat - Jakarta - Indonesia(Full-time - July 2001 - August 2002)
- I taught English language for Elementary, Basic, and Intermediate levels, providing quarterly term reports of teaching activities, tests and results.
PT Nuansa Cipta Pratama Mandiri - Jakarta - Indonesia(Full-time - November 1998 - June 2000)
- Worked as a Freelance English translator in affiliation with rural and provincial government projects of BAPPEDAL-Departemen Dalam Negeri (The Indonesian Environmental Impact Management Agency-Ministry of Home Affairs).
• Translated all required materials as part of the project proposals to be submitted either to Japan Foundation, JICA, UNDP-Environmental Unit, USAID, and/or AUSAID.
• Translated materials, budgets, contract proposals, and technical reports regarding appraisals and project proposals of Lore Lindu National Park and Poso.
• Interpreted the Actualization Meetings held among the mentioned contractor, BAPPEDAL, and overseas consultants.
• Provided reports of the meetings to be submitted in two languages (Bahasa and English).
BAPPEDAL (Environmental Impact Agency) - Ministry of Home Affairs - Jakarta - Indonesia(Apprenticeship - February 1998 - August 1998)
- Handled administrative and secretarial tasks such as maintaining official letters, correspondences, contacts, phone calls, as well as translating official letters.
University of Pembangunan Nasional "Veteran" Jakarta (September 1993 - September 1998)
- Professional networking
- Translation research
- Traveling (despite little time)
- Enjoy gourmet cooking
- Watching movies
- Reading novels
- Playing with my son.
Translation, Limited Desktop Publishing, Closed Captioning, Website/Software Localization, and Video Subtitling
- Art / Fiction Literature
- Information technology
- Advertising (media)
- Business products
- Consumer products
- General Engineering
- General Medics
- Life Sciences
- Social sciences
- Software (educational, games & multimedia)
- Training / Education.