- Cell Phone
- Contact me Contact Form
Technical Writer/Consultant at Currently Seeking EmploymentTechnical Writing/ Project Management / Print & Inventory Management
Branding Identity Statements
Dynamic professional with over eight years of experience in creating, developing and editing training materials, including procedures manuals, safety manuals, orientation manuals, seminar and presentation materials, and marketing pieces. Successfully manage large writing projects.
Self Emplyed - Austin, TX - United States(May 2012 - October 2012)
- • Produce effective, concise training manuals, standard operating procedures manuals, management and hourly training materials
- • Create Power Point presentations, menu rollout materials, promotional training materials and job aids
- • Consult with clients on long term planning, brand identity, formatting, updating and development of training materials and curriculum
The Next Idea - Austin, TX - United States(Consultant - November 2011 - May 2012)
- • Created training and marketing manuals, employee handbooks, brochures and job aids for national and international restaurant companies
- • Edited and proofread business plans, feasibility studies, recipe manuals and menus for various restaurant concepts
- • Consulted with co-workers and made recommendations regarding format, look and content of all materials
- • Interfaced with clients and interviewed Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop effective training tools
Romano's Macaroni Grill - Dallas, TX - United States(February 2011 - November 2011)
- Create, edit and format materials for Operations, Human Resources and Training
- Produce the Weekly Company Newsletter
- Create and distribute clear, concise emergency communications to the filed.
- Successfully negotiated print prices, saving hundreds of dollars
- Branding Update - updated all materials to reflect tone, theme and content for new branding initiative
Self Employed(Since March 2010)
- Create, edit and produce large volumes or training and marketing materials including procedures manuals, posters and brand statements.
Fired Up, Inc. (Carino's Italian Restaurants) - Austin - United States(Full-time - November 2004 - March 2010)
- Key Accomplishments:
Improved quality of training materials while cutting costs in half.
Created more action-based, results-oriented training materials, resulting in higher test scores and positive feedback from trainers and trainees.
Reduced print destroy inventory by thousands of dollars.
Updated all materials including web content to align with brand updated initiative (look, format, font, tone, logos, etc.)
Real Mex Restaurants(March 2004 - November 2004)
- Key Accomplishments:
Updated all hourly training materials, improving quality and reduced production costs.
Acted as liaison to improve relations between the corporate office and the field.
Created and edited new Front of the House training materials for all El Torito units and Acapulco units
Edited, formatted, wrote, and distributed training materials to support 150 restaurants and 7 concepts
Produced quarterly newsletter for the field and weekly newsletter for management
Oversaw printing projects to ensure success, including effective price negotiations
Conducted new employee orientations
AmericanSociety of Training & Development (ASTD) (March 2011 - March 2011)
- Techniques for creating engaging online learning materials
California State University, Fullerton Extended Education Program (January 2001 - June 2002)
- One year program covering business and report writing, procedures manuals and grant and proposal writing.
California State University, Fullerton (September 1982 - June 1990)
- Psychology, Sociology and Communications
Langevin (March 2010 - March 2010)
- Blended Learning: Creating a learning strategy encompassing the various ways adults learn (auditory, visual, etc.) along with various methods of delivery (web based, instructor led, etc.). Web Based Learning: How to design effective materials to use on the web along with when and when not to utilize web based learning for various programs.