Angel L Ramos
Georgia Southwestern State University (September 2009 - September 2009)
- Business Administration and Management, General
University of Central Florida (September 2002 - September 2002)
- Emphasis in Commerce and Education, Minor in History
Valencia Community College (September 1998 - September 1998)
- Business Administration
The New Approach Blog and Podcast(Since February 2012)
- A blog dedicated to personal growth and career development in the areas of business, education, nonprofit, health & fitness, and personal branding.
- Create web site concept and branding.
- Develop blog content, podcast, market copy, and bi-weekly email newsletter.
- Utilize social media and online marketing tools – social networking sites, email marketing, SEO, Google Analytics– to build audience for self-published site.
- Drew more than 1,000 visitors per week just four months after launch.
Georgia Southwestern State University(Since July 2009)
- Management and Marketing:
- Administer new student orientation, testing, and evaluation of nursing admission and scholarship applications for cohorts of 150-200 students per academic year.
- Execute recruitment plan with emphasis of diversity by targeting potential nursing students from underrepresented categories, resulting in consistent growth in program diversity by 42% and overall enrollment of RN-BSN Program from 33 to 63 students.
- Hire, train, and supervise a student assistant with the day-to-day office activities of application processing, maintaining program data, and responding to future nursing student inquiries.
- Plan and execute marketing campaign utilizing email marketing, collateral material, social media marketing, and SEO strategies, increasing out of state inquiries by 76%, total inquires by 52%, and total applicants by 72%.
- Initiate online alumni engagement survey, newsletter, and social networking site to strengthen nursing alumni-faculty relations, increased current network of alumni contacts by 92%.
- Organize Career Health Fair and set up Diversity workshop, which fulfilled grant requirement to maintain $800,000 HRSA Nursing Workforce Diversity Grant.
- Technical and Analysis:
- Establish new procedures and document tracking for admissions related paperwork, increasing applicant satisfaction by providing quicker turn-around time from 7 to 3 days.
- Develop Microsoft Access-based program to organize and analyze data related to student inquiries, enrollment, and retention, improving accuracy and data retrieval speed of 40 minutes to 15.
- Prepare student tracking data and provide support materials, which assisted program in receiving $70,000 grant funding to award scholarships for disadvantaged students.
- Initiate the redesign of the School of Nursing web site, develop and create content using FrontPage and Adobe Photoshop software to enhance layout, accessibility, and usability.
Georgia Southwestern State University(August 2008 - July 2009)
- Assisted with general clerical/administrative duties for the School of Education and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Processed student inquiries, room reservations, and purchase orders for departmental supplies.
Orange County Public Schools(January 2006 - June 2008)
- Managed classes ranging in size from 27 to 32 students (ages 14-17) and provided instruction in subject areas of Language Arts, Global Studies, Pre-AP World History, and Avid.
- Selected as one of the top 25% of teachers in Florida and awarded the STAR (Special Teachers are Rewarded) merit pay initiative for increasing student learning gains.
Hunters Creek Community Association(March 2005 - August 2006)
- Oversaw day-to-day operations of 7 parks, 10 fields and community center with over 90 members.
- Managed facility permit process while utilizing scheduling software reducing application turn-around time from 72 hours to 24 hours.
- Scheduled and supervised as Lead Summer Camp Counselor (5) camp staffers, daily activities, and field trips for 45 campers (ages 8-13).
- Organized and coordinated community-wide events including Movie in the Park, the Independence Day Celebration, Fall Festival, Hunter's Creep Nights, Turkey Trot, and Holiday in Park involving thousands of participants.
Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida(August 2003 - November 2004)
- Youth Development
- Collaborated with a team of program assistants in planning, implementing, and supervising quality programs for a group of eighty children ages 5-13 in the areas of Education, Social Recreation, Arts and Crafts, and Physical Education.
- Facilitated Club tech program for 15 youths ages 11-15 and provided instruction on how to use basic business software, be safe online and learn advanced hardware and networking skills, resulting in 100% participants passing program post test.
Valencia Community College(August 2003 - December 2003)
- Supplemental Instructional Leadership Program
- Administered two weekly SI sessions for 52 college prep math students.
- Provided study strategies, note taking skills, and clarified course content.
- Facilitated content and test review sessions.
Valencia Community College(February 2001 - May 2003)
- Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness of Undergraduate Programs
- Provided academic advising, tutoring, and mentoring for the GEAR UP program to 325 middle and high school students within Orange County Public Schools.
- Developed and administered an extensive before and after school program with an average daily attendance of 40 students.
- Served as site supervisor of tutorial lab and managed the day-to-day operations of educational activities, six program tutors, and equipment.
- Assisted with the coordination of GEAR UP summer camps, college tours, and field trips.
- Provided student data using Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, which assisted GEAR UP Coordinator in evaluating the effectiveness of our program.
- Business Management
- Strategic Planning
- Process Improvement
- Supervising Staff and Volunteers
- Education Management
- Youth Program Development
- Program and Project Coordination
- Collateral Marketing
- Special Event Planning
- Logo Design
- Web Design
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- SEO Strategy
- Personal Branding
- Customer Service
- Direct Mail Marketing
- Data Analysis & Report Writing
- Advanced Excel and its features like Pivot Tables, Charts, Functions, Scenarios, Goal Seek
- Access Database Development
- Excel Databases / Lists
- Adobe Photoshop
- Oracle (incl. PL/SQL) Banner system
- Knowledgeable of Financial Modeling
- MS Word, Power Point, Outlook