Adam P. Coulter
- Contact me Contact Form
Job/Career Open to opportunities
Meet AdamI communicate by proactively planning and then engaging communities on a variety of platforms, monitoring what is being said, both online and in traditional media, and ultimately, by telling true brand narratives well.
Help facilitate thought leadership (i.e. credibility, expertise, strong social voice, community value) for organizations through the creation and marketing of newsworthy, targeted and compelling content and through the utilization of new and social media tools have increased online conversations, community engagement and organizational presence.
Using strategies, creativity and a background in journalism & PR I've discovered, listened to, engaged and formed mutually beneficial relationships w/ individual publics and stakeholders (e.g. brand ambassadors), which in turn has supported larger organizational objectives of increased visibility and, customer satisfaction & the fostering of community.
Suffolk University, Boston (September 2009 - December 2010)
- Multiple group/team projects, including the crafting of a marketing plan for The Thornton W. Burgess Society, advertising plan for the Nintendo DS and a crisis communication plan/program for the New York Times/Boston Globe concerning the possible sale of the Globe in 2009.
Outside the classroom I helped to create great interactive digital media, for example the CAS's Alumni Magazine: http://bit.ly/digitalissuu
Crisis Communication Management
Marketing Communications-Client Analysis for our client- http://slidesha.re/ehtJDs
New Media, New Markets
E-market & the Digital Divide
Public Relations Management
Issues in Communication
University of Massachusetts, Amherst (September 2007 - September 2007)
Curry College - Milton, MA - United States(Full-time - Since August 2011)
- Developed and now executing a strategic social media plan, across the college, with a focus on audience/community acquisition, monitoring/listening and ultimately, tying our social media efforts to prospective student applications, enrollment and student satisfaction and retainment.
Conducted a social audit and a brand reflection cycle, then created from ground-up institutional social media accounts (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, G+.) @CurryEdu, facebook.com/currycollege. Sole person in charge of managing these outposts.
Define, execute and develop metrics for measuring social media strategy and tactics.
Monitor and participate in online conversations 7 days a week, across channels and platforms, to nurture the Curry College brand and messaging.
Manage brand reputation 24/7 and escalate potential crisis issues to the Director of Communication.
Educate campus community about and enforce social media policies and guidelines.
Monitor trends in social/new media applications, tools and platforms. Identify and engage with online influencers.
Monitor competitive activity.
Suffolk University - Boston(September 2009 - December 2010)
- Suffolk University's M.A. Communications Graduate program. Concentration in Public Relations & Advertising. 4.0/4.0
Worked with a client in the nonproft edu space, creating a marketing plan to increase awareness around their brand, as well as revenue. Produced advertising plans, crisis communication response program, branding strategy and built websites using Dreamweaver
Suffolk University's Office of University Communications - Boston(September 2010 - December 2010)
- Implemented external social media initiatives that increased student satisfaction & built up our online community
- Monitored/listened to online conversations within the social web about the university, its brand, and competition while reporting key insights and recommendations.
- Increased our Twitter Followers by 278 and Facebook Likes by 245 in 4 months through humanizing engagement & sharing insights
- Managed multiple social assets, such as Facebook Fan pages and Twitter stream. (see links below)
- Identified and interacted with influencers/students to create brand ambassadors
- Edited an undergraduate blogging policy
- Curated content for the university's social outposts
Suffolk University's CAS Dean's Office, Communications Dept. - Boston(January 2010 - May 2010)
- In charge of social media strategy/engagement w/ the university and surrounding Beacon Hill community.
- Entrusted with editing & marketing audio/video of events because of a demonstrated understanding of niche markets & the content that matters to people in those spaces.
- Strategically managed Facebook fan page and Twitter streams.
- Communicated the colleges' central messages, reaching their audience through digital media.
- Attracted 100 new Twitter followers and 75 Facebook fans in 5 months.
- Brainstormed viable strategic interactive marketing solutions that integrated overarching marketing strategy and brought brand relevance in the online space.
The Amherst Wire - Amherst(Part-time - January 2009 - May 2009)
- Edited contributor's news articles, video and blog posts and developed compelling multimedia content for the site.
- Participated in the strategic forming of coalitions with other local media in an effort to broaden and increase our audience & the impact of our content
- Utilized new media technology to interact with our audience and
present them with individualized stories/news relevant to their interests.
- Managed and produced content for the political blog 'Politikos Discourse.'
The Massachusetts Daily Collegian - Amherst(Part-time - January 2008 - May 2009)
- Covered all campus and city crime and constructed the weekly crime log for publication.
- Formed and nurtured primary stakeholder relationships with the university community and sources.
- Wrote on deadline over 50 weekly news articles, besides crime log,
- Created content for both print & digital media.
- Worked effectively as part of the news team and independently.
- Met weekly with Deputy Chief of the campus police
Political Research Associates - Somerville(Internship - June 2008 - August 2008)
- Successfully won press attention for three staff members (radio interviews) and placed an article excerpt on AlterNet.com.
- Produced backgrounders and ally letters, which promoted magazine features and authors.
- Wrote & delivered press releases for different target audiences and the media.
- Performed editorial duties such as copy editing and research
- Researched and developed a reader survey that gauged audience interests and the perceived value of PRA.
- Scanned the web for relevant articles & summarized them for PRA's blog.
- Consulted on online newsroom optimization
- Managed media contact list
- Embracing the power and utility of a relationship perspective when communicating with communities.
- Crafting and distributing individually- targeted press releases
- Creating traditional and new media materials that promote newsworthy features and provide value to stakeholders/communities.
- Communication & MKTG plans.
- Building up online communities
- Understanding micro markets and the individual needs/interests of those residing in these spaces
- Producing & editing news articles
- iMovie and Audacity audio/video editing
- Monitoring brand mentions online and illustrating ROI of social media efforts
- Creating/managing a brand's social voice